Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Skipping Boulder Badge not possible after all? - Page 1

Skipping Boulder Badge not possible after all?

Posted by: gnsquared
Date: 2012-06-19 02:25:48
I'm attempting to get into the Pokemon League via the Walk Through Walls glitch. So far so good, everything is fine up until I enter the Indigo Plateau entrance. Once I'm inside the building, the glitch no longer works however, so I cannot use it to get past the guard. Am I missing a step or something, or does it only work on Yellow? I'm using an American Blue.

Glitch here: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Go_Through_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_League_Without_the_Boulderbadge

Video demonstration here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1khNHfa9PCo

He appears to be able to do it in the video, but I am not able to walk through walls once I'm inside the building.

(Also, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm new here.)

Re: Skipping Boulder Badge not possible after all?

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2012-06-19 04:36:57
I thought you skipped the building altogether by walking through the walls?

edit:Okay, just watched the video, but I'm almost certain that you can just walk through the building without having the badge to skip the checkpoint, however the area after does glitch a lot until you enter the Indigo Plateau Pokémon Centre.

Date: 2012-06-19 12:07:39
Ohh maybe you're right, I'll try just walking past the whole building and report back.

Date: 2012-06-19 12:14:24
Aha, it worked perfectly. I assumed that was the border tile before and didn't even try going up there thinking my game would crash. Thanks :)

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2012-06-20 00:32:40
Ah, awesome :)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-06-20 09:44:07
That's right, the 'walk-through-walls' effect wears off when you enter a door, so this only works when you walk through the building.

You're free to walk-through-walls without the game freezing provided that a real map surrounds it.

Gates normally connect two real maps, so you're normally free to walk through one whenever you see one. I think, the only requirement for the game not to freeze is that where you're walking loads a real map. You can even go out of bounds, but it only seems to work by manually messing with the coordinates because if you force the map to change and there is no real map, the game freezes after trying to place you on 'map 255'.