Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Two minor glitches - Page 1

Two minor glitches

Posted by: dutschinat0r
Date: 2012-06-21 01:36:57
I've been watching Slowflake's Pokemon Red LP and throughout the LP, I noticed two instances of NPCs stepping sideways. Also, when I tried to do the glitch in the beginning of the game where you get an NPC to a certain spot, then walk out of Pallet Town to get Oak to take you to his lab, but the NPC is blocking your way, so you get stuck in a wall. But I accidentally got the NPC to a certain spot whrere she stopped walking. Sha was still turning around but not walking. I've seen it happen in a glitch video on Youtube too (I think it was in part 1 of Pikalax1's glitch compilation) so it seems to happen every time she gets to that spot.

Re: Two minor glitches

Posted by: liline
Date: 2012-06-21 02:03:23
If she was just next to a wall, that is a glitch that was confirmed in another forum of glitche-seekers in pokemon games that is in french. It appears that these people can't make a step if they are touching a wall

www.prama-initiative.com/index.php?page=glitches-mineurs-rbj-4

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-06-21 08:01:27

I've been watching Slowflake's Pokemon Red LP and throughout the LP, I noticed two instances of NPCs stepping sideways.

While I'm not sure if this is exactly the same glitch, it's similar to a glitch I found where if you talk to an NPC one frame (1/60 of a second) before they turn, they will move without turning after you speak to them.

Its difficult to replicate, so the below video is tool-assisted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=988uRnOZL50

Posted by: camper
Date: 2012-06-21 12:10:00
I've tried hard to lure that NPC girl into that particular spot. She seems to be only able to walk north after she has crossed a certain horizontal boundary about 2 squares below the northern wall.

Posted by: dutschinat0r
Date: 2012-07-02 11:43:23
Yes, the NPC who got stuck was standing next to a wall. Also, I'm pretty sure that the sideways stepping NPCs walked sideways without being talked to.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-07-02 12:07:00
I've seen the NPC step sideways before, in fact the old guy that shows you how to catch pokemon did this in my Red and Blue versions before, after watching the cut scene. :V I used to laugh every time I saw the NPC do this, just looked funny. xD Looks like they just glide to the left or right. I've noticed another glitch in your video Torchickens, i'm not sure if you've noticed this but when you first went to talk to the woman in Vermillion the text menu didn't pop up yet the NPC faced Red. :V I've seen this happen multiple times in my games. (See 1:43 in the video.)

Posted by: HorizonGirl76
Date: 2012-07-12 16:44:35
I've personally seen NPCs step sideways many times. Freaked me out a little bit the first time I saw it, since I thought it looked like their feet were on the wrong way! I often experience it in Celadon city, for some reason. Now it just makes me crack up because of how ridiculous it looks!