Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Wild appeared! glitch not possible without codes? - Page 1

Wild appeared! glitch not possible without codes?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2012-06-24 04:18:27
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Walk_around_with_only_fainted_Pok%C3%A9mon

According to this article, it is possible to enter a trainer or wild battle without any active pokemon. Well, I've just tried this, and it really works. However, instead of the glitchy "having 0 pokemon in party" appearance, I receive the "[Player name] has no usable pokemon! [Player name] blacks out!" message.

Is it really possible to have the "wild appeared!" message displayed without the use of a game-altering device? (i.e. the WTW code)

Edit: I've tried both wild and trainer battle and the outcomes are the same. The player blacks out when trying to send out a pokemon, only to find there is none available.

Re: Wild appeared! glitch not possible without codes?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2012-06-25 09:49:36

http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Walk_around_with_only_fainted_Pok%C3%A9mon

According to this article, it is possible to enter a trainer or wild battle without any active pokemon. Well, I've just tried this, and it really works. However, instead of the glitchy "having 0 pokemon in party" appearance, I receive the "[Player name] has no usable pokemon! [Player name] blacks out!" message.

Is it really possible to have the "wild appeared!" message displayed without the use of a game-altering device? (i.e. the WTW code)

Edit: I've tried both wild and trainer battle and the outcomes are the same. The player blacks out when trying to send out a pokemon, only to find there is none available.

No, that was my fault for making assumptions that were too general.

It doesn't happen because you have no Pokémon, and only happens in this case because you never received a Pokémon.

I'll remove it.