Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Easy way to get Charizard'M or Q in Red/Blue - Page 1

Easy way to get Charizard'M or Q in Red/Blue

Posted by: Alexfou4
Date: 2012-09-02 13:00:30
Hello everyone !

I'm a new guy on this forum and I did some experiments. I have got every Gen I games in French (Rouge/Bleu/Jaune, because i'm a french guy. Baguette anyone ?) and in Japanese (Green/Red/Blue/Pikachu).

Then I decided to test the effects of trading between international games and results are quite good.
It's often said that it corrupts save files. This is false !

When the game displays the trading screen on the Japanese Red or Green, your team is normal, but the other team is formed by hybrid glitch Pokémon and several A (Japanese 'M, for those who does not know).

On the french game, the other team is completely blank. Well ! Let the trade proceed !

On the Japanese game, I recevied a hybrid-Glitch Muk level 249. Well.
On the French game, the screen said I was going to have an 'M. Well, 'M and non-Ghost/Fossil MissingNo. and every other glitch Pokémon make the game freeze (And also in German versions because the Pokémon names are translated and that screws up the data a little) so is this a a way to obtain 'M ?

Nope ! It's a Charizard 'M showing up !
Its movepool is different between the games, I don't know which factor determines it, but on my Red version, he was usable in battle, but in Blue, it had only Splash…
It is perfectly usable for the Q Trick, and it's a good thing because the only way to obtain Charizard 'M on french versions was to transfer FF from Generation II and it depended on the capacity of the player to make a bad clone. (Remember that every glitch Pokémon make the game freeze, so does 4 4 Hy in Yellow).

I thingk we obtain Charizard 'M because the Japanese team is seen Blank and, correct me if I'm wrong, but Charizard'M equals a Cancel button, which is the only other thing than your team that is selectable.

Okay, that was my first post on that forum. Please tell me if my English is correct, because I actually have no idea of its quality.

Re: Easy way to get Charizard'M or Q in Red/Blue

Posted by: camper
Date: 2012-09-02 22:00:55
When an English game is linked to a Japanese game, the former one freezes. A party of glitch Pokemon shows up in the Japanese game, but the trade can't be done as you can't select anything in the English game.

Oh well, at least this is what happens on TGB Dual. I don't know about the "corrupting save file" thing though.

Date: 2012-09-03 04:30:15
I tried this on a physical GB. And also, the french game freezes after the trade, but if you reset the game, Charizard 'M is here.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2012-09-03 08:51:13
Video link here

As you can see, the game freezes at the PLEASE WAIT screen. The trade can never commence.

Date: 2012-09-03 09:14:05
Well, too bad for US versions users :(

I tried with Yellow, and I get also Q. This is good !

But then it has to be tested on emulator, and with other versions like the Spanishes ones.

Date: 2012-09-03 10:07:32
I made a video of it here !
As said in the description, I deeply apologize for my very poor speech due to my lack of oral English training.
I have an other lack : The one of camera. The video has a poor quality too but it shows you that you can have Charizard 'M easily.

Date: 2012-09-08 08:22:53
Hey. Tried that thing on emulator with a French and Japanese version. The French version crashed.

I think someone who have JAP ans US versions shuld try. Or I'll try to purchase an US version.

Posted by: nemesish
Date: 2012-10-20 20:22:29
Another (but very risky) way is by doing (or trying to do) the Celebi trick on GSC and get the Bad Clone,
While trying to get the egg i ended with 5 of these on my party and couldn't store them on my pc since it would have f***ed my box, so i traded them to Red and I ended with 5 Charizard M's on my Red's party.

Date: 2012-10-24 10:35:20
Yep, we used this method since we could not obtain it by 4 4 Hy.