Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

NEW GLITCH FOUND! ('I Varient? - Page 1

NEW GLITCH FOUND! ('I Varient?

Posted by: chippy2000
Date: 2013-03-09 04:18:36
Recently on my VBA emulator, I used the mew glitch to catch 7g. Then I used a cheat to make any pokemon LV.255. After that it evolved into a gray, glitchy charizard with confusion. Heres a lowdown on it…
*It has a very distorted Charizard cry.
*It can learn moves a Charizard can not (Psychic, Confusion, etc…)
*It learned a move when it randomly leveled up (TM55)
*It's stats are that of a LV.70-90 pokemon at level 255

So, it's pretty crappy. Heres a vid of it in action -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0lU401BMl0&feature=youtu.be

Re: NEW GLITCH FOUND! ('I

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-03-09 06:53:10

Recently on my VBA emulator, I used the mew glitch to catch 7g. Then I used a cheat to make any pokemon LV.255. After that it evolved into a gray, glitchy charizard with confusion. Heres a lowdown on it…

Unfortunately this is already documented. Good effort though. "( I" has its own GlitchDex entry. Its index number is 240 (F0h). You can get it by the Johto guard glitch with Unown.

7g (C6h) evolves into it at level 209.

Posted by: chippy2000
Date: 2013-03-09 07:53:19

Unfortunately this is already documented. Good effort though. "( I" has its own GlitchDex entry. Its index number is 240 (F0h). You can get it by the Johto guard glitch with Unown.

My 7g evolved at level 254…is mine a variation? It also learns very different moves to an average (I' . I don't think they learn Twinneedle or TM02?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-03-09 09:13:57

My 7g evolved at level 254…is mine a variation? It also learns very different moves to an average (I' . I don't think they learn Twinneedle or TM02?

I just tried evolving 7g (C6h) to (I' at Level 254 myself. Memory viewer said it's index number was F0h (dec:240), which is the one I linked to, so it isn't a variation. It evolves at Level 254 because the game loads the Level 209 evolution. (unless there are duplicate evolutions)

How did your (I' or 7g originally learn Twinneedle or TM02? Maybe they're omissions from the GlitchDex?

Re: NEW GLITCH FOUND! ('I Varient?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2013-03-10 00:57:32
It's possibly an omission. The Melchior 3 document (Melchior was the original project to create the data for the GlitchDex) states that this Pokemon has a "bad Pokedex" (meaning that the Pokedex crashes the game when you view it) and as catching a new Pokemon causes its Pokedex to show up… it is possible I never actually leveled up this Pokemon enough to find out what it actually learns (These documents were created by catching Pokemon at level 2 or so and leveling them up manually with rare candies).

Regarding why it knows Confusion - the Pokemon it evolved from (Y:198 aka 7g) is a Slowpoke hybrid, e.g. its type, pokedex number, base stats and starting moveset are that of Slowpoke.

Regarding evolution level, a Pokemon will attempt to evolve every time it levels up. This, Y:198's evolution level is stated as level 209 because that is the lowest possible level it at which it will evolve. It will attempt to evolve again at level 210, 211, etc.

edit: I sifted through echinodermata's data in this topic and that data seems to support what's already in the GlitchDex - evolution at level 209 and no learned moves for Y:240.