Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Getting access to missingno before SS Anne (AKA. Mistyno) - Pokemon Yellow - Page 1

Getting access to missingno before SS Anne (AKA. Mistyno) - Pokemon Yellow

Posted by: TheDarkAce
Date: 2013-04-25 17:09:58
Found a way to find Missingno without needing fly or access to dittos (only works once though, unless you can find another trainer with the right Special Stat on their final Pokemon).

uploaded a (pretty crappy) video of how to do it:
http://youtu.be/K3uLnxgPw0Y

will do a better quality video once my PC's working properly

EDIT: This is both my first post, and my first glitch find

Re: Getting access to missingno before SS Anne (AKA. Mistyno) - Pokemon Yellow

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-04-25 17:59:02
You can find a pokemon with the right special stat in the wild, east of vermillion, too.

Date: 2013-04-25 18:26:29

You can find a pokemon with the right special stat in the wild, east of vermillion, too.

oh? which pokemon + Level? i'm curious as i'm trying to get access to as many gitched pokemon as i can.

also, i found 2 things in my video, not just misty's missingno, but also a way to exit the duplicate red effect that you get from missingno on yellow, without needing to use fly (so you can use it without fighting lt. surge) it's near the end of the video : http://youtu.be/K3uLnxgPw0Y?t=8m33s

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-04-25 21:10:58

oh? which pokemon + Level? i'm curious as i'm trying to get access to as many gitched pokemon as i can.

Well, as you should know the exact stats of the pokemon you find vary a little. There's definitely something there that has the right special stat, as I have done it before to clone my items long before reaching cinnabar.

Date: 2013-04-25 21:43:14

Well, as you should know the exact stats of the pokemon you find vary a little. There's definitely something there that has the right special stat, as I have done it before to clone my items long before reaching cinnabar.

I understand that, that's why i posted this, because misty's stats don't change, meaning that it's a guarantee that you'll get a Missingno. also, it's rather difficult to get out of the duplicate reds glitch afterwards, seeing as teleport just sends you into an infinite loop if used during that effect…. the only way to clear it is to move to a different area.

in the video i encounter missingno on route 24 (nugget bridge) so i needed to get to cerulean city to get out of the duplicate reds glitch. to clear the sprite offset glitch as well, i had to move to a route (i used route 4) and then use abra's teleport to fix the sprite offset.

the 1st attempt i show has me stuck because  end up locked into "pre-battle" (with another red xD) because i can't teleport or move before he sees me, the second attempt i managed to move  before i was in line-of-sight.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-04-26 08:00:31
Misty's Starmie isn't the only Trainer Pokémon to give you Missingno. wwwxxyy posted this image on the temporary forums some time ago. You might find it useful. It tells you what Trainer-Fly glitch Pokémon each Trainer Pokémon's Special corresponds to.

To access Specials from Pokémon other than the last Pokémon, you have to lose the battle.

Date: 2013-04-26 08:28:36

Misty's Starmie isn't the only Trainer Pokémon to give you Missingno. wwwxxyy posted this image on the temporary forums some time ago. You might find it useful. It tells you what Trainer-Fly glitch Pokémon each Trainer Pokémon's Special corresponds to.

To access Specials from Pokémon other than the last Pokémon, you have to lose the battle.

Thanks for the info, i'm gonna have a look at this… maybe even see if i can get it printed as a poster

Date: 2013-04-26 08:35:02

Thanks for the info, i'm gonna have a look at this… maybe even see if i can get it printed as a poster

You're welcome!

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-04-26 14:51:06

Stupid question: Is this for Red/Blue specifically? I often find myself using the trainer in Brock's gym to get a level 100 Gengar early (when the chart says I should be getting a Nidoqueen/Grimer), but I has Yellow.

Date: 2013-04-26 15:16:03

Stupid question: Is this for Red/Blue specifically? I often find myself using the trainer in Brock's gym to get a level 100 Gengar early (when the chart says I should be getting a Nidoqueen/Grimer), but I has Yellow.

No, this is a good question! Until now I didn't realize Pokémon Yellow had Trainers with Pokémon at different levels.

Yes, this is specifically for Pokémon Red/Blue. In Pokémon Yellow the Trainer you mention has a level 9 Diglett and a level 9 Sandshrew instead of a level 11 Diglett and a level 11 Sandshrew as he has in Red/Blue, so you get different Pokémon, specifically a Gengar (Level 9 Diglett) and a Lickitung (Level 9 Sandshrew).

Date: 2013-04-26 18:12:38

No, this is a good question! Until now I didn't realize Pokémon Yellow had Trainers with Pokémon at different levels.

so might it be worth trying to do another version of this map specifically for pokemon yellow, seeing as the stats are altered for many of the trainers?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-04-26 22:26:52
If it hasn't been done yet, it might take a while to get a map as detailed as that one…
On the side note, your hair is a lot better than in 2011… no offense.
oh, and welcome to the forums.

Date: 2013-04-28 09:20:50

If it hasn't been done yet, it might take a while to get a map as detailed as that one…

well, give me enough time with an emulator and i can probably do it(especially once i get my good computer fixed… i'm currently using a 6 year old linux computer which can't handle VBA or anything similar)

On the side note, your hair is a lot better than in 2011… no offense.

none taken. in fact i have to agree with you there… i looked a mess 2 years ago

oh, and welcome to the forums.

thank you :)

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2013-05-01 01:14:09

In case youre curious, all Yellow trainer differences are listed in the Pokémon Red disassembly (see YoungsterData, etc.). Yellow is the only version that differs (Red/Green, Blue, Japanese and English are all the same).

Date: 2013-05-02 08:19:47

In case youre curious, all Yellow trainer differences are listed in the Pokémon Red disassembly (see YoungsterData, etc.). Yellow is the only version that differs (Red/Green, Blue, Japanese and English are all the same).

Cool. Thanks for sharing this.