Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Warp by Nidoran glitch - Page 1

Warp by Nidoran glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-04-29 09:38:16
This is a more precise alternative to the dokokashira door glitch I found detailed on the Japanese website Pokémon Analysis. It allows you to change a mat exit's warp destination to equate to the index number of a Nidoran's current HP. I thought this would be useful to post for people who want to warp around later in game, although you can do the dokokashira door glitch with any second item anyway.

Note that a glitchy Pokémon you get from the glitch may sometimes (but not always) freeze the game when its picture is viewed in the Hall of Fame, meaning warping to the Hall of Fame (HP = 118) is not recommend. I don't know if viewing its picture this way can erase the save. In the original Red/Green, encountering normal Missingno. does tend to do that but in Pocket Monsters Blue viewing the picture of this glitch Pokémon didn't.

Don't save and reset the game after activating the glitch, otherwise the tiles surrounding the map will change from blackness to an ordinary tile, so stepping out will put you out of bounds and freeze the game.

[img]http://i.minus.com/jNO4XFKvkdZlj.png[/img]
Requirements:

1) At least 13 items
2) A Pokémon (Pokémon 2) with a Special stat of 7 and a second move with PP greater than or equal to 4.
3) A Nidoran (Pokémon 3) with a current HP stat equating to the index number of the map you want to warp to. Note that this stat should be lower than 256.

If you don't meet requirements 2 and/or 3, both sides of the exit mat will remain 'blocked' after doing step 3.

Steps:

1) Go to the Name Rater's house in Lavender Town. Alternatively, you can go to the Daycare man on Route 5.
2) Highlight the 12th item with select, exit with B,B, talk to the Name Rater and choose the second Pokémon (that has a Special stat of 7 and at least 4 remaining PP on the second move) to swap it with a glitch Pokémon. The exit mats should be blocked.
3) Highlight the 13th item with select, exit with B,B, talk to the Name Rater and choose the third Pokémon (the Nidoran) to swap it with a glitch Pokémon. The left of the exit mat should be blocked, but going through the right exit map should take you to a location corresponding to your Nidoran's current HP.

Video: Here

Re: Warp by Nidoran glitch

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2013-04-29 23:37:44
Note that a glitchy Pokémon you get from the glitch may sometimes (but not always) freeze the game when its picture is viewed in the Hall of Fame

Does it work in other houses, not only Name Rater's? If it does, maybe it should be possible to deposit this glitch Pokemon in the PC or into Daycare, removing it from your party and eliminating the problem?

Re: Warp by Nidoran glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-04-30 06:33:21

Note that a glitchy Pokémon you get from the glitch may sometimes (but not always) freeze the game when its picture is viewed in the Hall of Fame

Does it work in other houses, not only Name Rater's? If it does, maybe it should be possible to deposit this glitch Pokemon in the PC or into Daycare, removing it from your party and eliminating the problem?

Yes you're right, I didn't think about that. It works in the Pokémon Day Care too and houses with trade NPCs. At least when I try it, you can deposit the 2nd Pokémon in Daycare, as the 3rd one becomes an Arcanine that won't freeze the game.