Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Glitch Trainers Compilation video for Green, Blue, Red and Yellow - Page 1

Glitch Trainers Compilation video for Green, Blue, Red and Yellow

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2013-07-06 22:42:17
hello people! I would like to present you some video I made about the Glitch Trainers. I never saw semeone showing each glitch trainer in a video so I did my own. I did those video just for fun purpose. It show every Glitch Trainers from HEX C8 to FF with the help of the gameshark code. If you want to see a specific HEX value, just check the description of each video!

BLUE AND RED : 00xxD8CF

YELLOW : 00XXD7CF

GREEN: 00XXBFCF

in BLUE AND RED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di37EWq9Zfc

in YELLOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3CbPq8ZdY

in Japanese GREEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9MwW2I15mo

Tell me what you think of that and enjoy! If semeone can upload that to the wiki It would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Glitch Trainers Compilation video for Green, Blue, Red and Yellow

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-07-07 07:15:10
Great effort. It's nice to see a collection of glitch Trainers. It's interesting that you did this in Green too.

Did you know glitch Trainers have multiple rosters? If you turn off the species modifier code, then the Trainer will send out Pokémon which depend on the previous roster address (01xx5DD0) in memory. So for instance, when you battle this certain Trainer in Silph Co. 11F, D05D gets changed to 28h. This is the only known way without Super Glitch of encountering 94 and mutating your items without Johto guard glitch/Cable Club escape glitch in Red/Blue.

Now it seems regardless of the Trainer class all the rosters found with D05D are the same via the CFD8 method. They can be encountered without cheating via the Old Man glitch in Pokémon Red and Blue. The rosters are not in the order you'd expect, for example, roster 1 has a level 111 Drowzee as the first Pokémon.

If you use 01xx59D0 (it's equivalent to using the Trainer-Fly glitch where xx is your special), then D05D will give you rosters in the order programmed into the game (e.g. Prof. Oak's roster 1 is his unused team w/Blastoise). The attack stage of the opponent determines the team (defaulting at 7) if you use the Trainer-Fly glitch to battle a Trainer. Now if you say, tried to force Prof. Oak's roster 4, the roster doesn't exist so the game will load the first roster from the next Trainer class with rosters (Chief has none so it's Scientist, E7), while still showing Prof. Oak's picture and the text "Prof. Oak".

This means the only real glitch rosters via the Trainer-Fly glitch method are Lance rosters 2-13, or Agatha rosters 3-13 (which is the same as Lance rosters 2-12), etc. However, only roster 9 is viable (for a Swords Dancer) because Ditto only knows Transform, so it'll Transform right away. In theory, you could do the Cable Club escape glitch with a Mew that learns Transform and another move to Swords Dance more than once (but I don't know if this would work). Using X Attack might work for roster 8.

Apparently, according to camper The ZZAZZ Glitch rosters aren't real because the game corrupts them. However, I know that using different roster values via the Trainer-Fly glitch can cause different corruptions (e.g. C8 - Trainer Class 0's fifth and eighth rosters in Red/Blue)

So let's re-cap:

*False rosters appear using the glitch Pokémon with the same hexadecimal identifier if you leave CFD8 on.
*You can encounter 256 different rosters that are the same regardless of the Trainer class with CFD8 and a value in D05D (last roster value). Some of these can be encountered with Old Man glitch if you encounter a certain Trainer before doing the glitch.
*Using D059 and a value in D05D lets you encounter a Trainer's normal rosters. The next roster past the last valid roster for that Trainer-class is the first roster for the next valid Trainer-class. If you go past Lance's roster, you can encounter some glitch rosters. This method can be done with the Trainer-Fly glitch, where xx in D059 is the last Special in memory and xx in D05D is the previous enemy's attack stage, defaulting at neutral (07).
*The ZZAZZ Glitch will corrupt rosters but different rosters can cause different corruptions.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2013-07-07 10:27:36
I never knew that they were a Gameshark code equivalent to the mew trick, thanks alot for that! But the video goal was to show every trainer sprite stored in the HEX list you could fight and not necessary all possible roster, but it might be a interesing route to take, but a MUCH LONGER one too!.

Im also aware of the ditto attack stage default is 07 and that can load different rosters, such as the three one for Prof.Oak (I remember long ago to have fought him with one of his non glitched roster, but It was already known at that time). For the rest, its always nice to have more and more knoweldge about Generation 1.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-07-08 11:02:37

This means the only real glitch rosters via the Trainer-Fly glitch method are Lance rosters 2-13, or Agatha rosters 3-13 (which is the same as Lance rosters 2-12), etc. However, only roster 9 is viable (for a Swords Dancer) because Ditto only knows Transform, so it'll Transform right away. In theory, you could do the Cable Club escape glitch with a Mew that learns Transform and another move to Swords Dance more than once (but I don't know if this would work). Using X Attack might work for roster 8.

You can use this method to encounter rosters 8-13.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-07-08 13:59:48

You can use this method to encounter rosters 8-13.

Cool. Thanks for the that.