Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Am i the first to discover... (mew glitch technique?) - Page 1

Am i the first to discover... (mew glitch technique?)

Posted by: Rasengan0
Date: 2013-08-16 22:16:14
Basically, you do the mew trick.
save at a box.
reset.
repeat these steps until you're out of long-range trainers to fight, or are satisfied with the amount you have.
battle a trainer at least 1 step away (like the ordinary mew glitch without a pause menu.)
and… voila. you now have multiple areas to encounter without having to repeat the mew trick completely.
after the battle, you can go to an area and fight, or just use the ditto trick from here and repeatedly until you're out of areas to enter from the initial glitching.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcCRTs5PWLk

Re: Am i the first to discover... (mew glitch technique?)

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-08-16 23:01:58
That is a way of doing it, however you will still need to do the ditto trick in between each encounter otherwise the species will depend on the special stat of the previous encounter.

Additionally, if you run out of trainers you can also beat the elite four after save/resetting at a box

Posted by: Rasengan0
Date: 2013-08-17 00:16:42
yeah thats my point. That way you dont have to completely do the trick over and over. especially with the e4 trick.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-08-17 00:39:07
You can just lose to the trainer if you want to preserve them.