Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

2 Miscellaneous Glitches in R/B/Y (first one only in Yellow) - Page 1

2 Miscellaneous Glitches in R/B/Y (first one only in Yellow)

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2013-12-15 14:24:39
          I'm pretty sure somebody found these before me, and please don't be afraid to say so otherwise, but then again, I looked it up on Google, and nothing showed up related. Anyways, one of the glitches you can make Pikachu stand on a tree, similar to the regular cut glitch, but instead with the Pikachu that follows you. All you have to do is cut down a tree and place Pikachu where the tree was, save and turn the game off. Turn it back on, and Pikachu will be standing on the renewed cut tree.

The other glitch is also similar to the cut glitch, except with the tall grass instead of the tree.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope THIS time I might've found something out IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

- cough - http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6792.0.html - cough -

Re: 2 Miscellaneous Glitches in R/B/Y (first one only in Yellow)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-12-15 14:47:52
I really really really really really don't want to be that guy, but… These aren't new. Especially the cut tree glitch.

-Runs-

Date: 2013-12-15 16:29:50
Nah, don't worry about it. After all, most of the glitches have been uncovered already…all the important ones anyway.

Thanks for replying.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-12-15 23:38:42
Almost all of the glitches that are found nowadays in the older games are only being found as the result of certain users decompiling parts of the game.  That doesn't mean that no others exist, but it is fairly rare that something new is found in R/B/Y now.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-12-16 06:30:35
I haven't seen a video of getting Pikachu to stand on a tree rather than the player. I think you may have documented something new even though some people may think it's 'obvious'. An addendum is that you can still use Cut when Pikachu is standing on the tree and talking brings up Pikachu's emotion box as normal.

Will you write more about the grass glitch you mentioned, please?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-12-16 17:27:44
I hope this isn't the "Wow tall grass can be cut!" "glitch".

Date: 2013-12-17 18:03:54

Will you write more about the grass glitch you mentioned, please?

Sure I will. I actually meant to say that grass respawns just like tree after saving and turning off and back on. The grass happens to reappear. That's all.