Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Be able to see your party Pokémon after SuperGlitch - Page 1

Be able to see your party Pokémon after SuperGlitch

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-02 06:56:08
So, two years ago i was screwing around with super glitch on a Pokémon Red .rom with a emulator on my ExperiaPlay cellphone and i just casually tried a bunch of things and since it was on emulator and with save states i could easly try many things over and over again without having to re-do stuff or having to create a new save file when file corruptions occour.

So, I was in Celadon city and i made my . 4 (HexC2) use Super Glitch by makeing it forgeting another move with HM04 [Check picture attachment 1], And so there i was with a weird name and with hundreds of pokémon in my party, Just like any SupeGlitch and it would allways crash if i tried to open my party since it's cramed with glitch Pokémon with a bunch of status effects. Then it hit me, what if i go to Lavender town and heal my Pokémon in the Purifyingzone in the Pokémon Tower, maybe then i can actually open my party without the game crashing on me.

So i did that and the purifyingzone randomly turned to a pokémon center and after about 2min of healing my Pokémon the game actually worked like it should[check picture 2], and i know that every time i tried to heal my party at the regular pokémon center with super glitch it ALLWAYS crashed right after i healed. But this time it didn't.

I then tried to open my party, And it finally worked[check picture 3-8]. but i quickly realised that a Charizard 'M (HexFF) was blocking the second slot in the party, so i moved some Pokémon around and then i could finally see all of the glitch Pokémon.

Has this every happend to anybody else? (if it has im sorry if i've been living under a rock), but i've never seen this method ever being documented and i've only seen people being able to see their super glitch party using the PC in te Pokémon Center.

(Please tell me if i missed some important part or if this thread is pure crap since this has been covered before or something like that, im just curious. Just be kind and respectfull.) Tnx ^^

Re: Be able to see your party Pokémon after SuperGlitch

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-06-02 13:05:26
The purifying zone seems to load text from other banks when super glitch is in effect. You were lucky that it was a Pokemon Center text.

Healing your party at a regular Pokemon Center doesn't always crash the game. Sometimes you can be returned to the main menu (with Pokemon Center tileset), and sometimes there's a PA message and you're teleported to Glitch Cave and then automatically flown to the Abyss. You were lucky (again) that it didn't cause any of those effects. But of course the location you're at could matter (Super Glitch won't crash the game in Diglett's Cave, for example).

Date: 2014-06-02 14:01:23

The purifying zone seems to load text from other banks when super glitch is in effect. You were lucky that it was a Pokemon Center text.

Healing your party at a regular Pokemon Center doesn't always crash the game. Sometimes you can be returned to the main menu (with Pokemon Center tileset), and sometimes there's a PA message and you're teleported to Glitch Cave and then automatically flown to the Abyss. You were lucky (again) that it didn't cause any of those effects. But of course the location you're at could matter (Super Glitch won't crash the game in Diglett's Cave, for example).

I guess i could possibly even share some ".sav files" if anyone would like to do some testing. Well…Since i did this about 2 years ago i've done plenty of testing and i've tried a bunch of different things but im sure that there's alot of stuff that could perhaps still be covered, who know's?

And this goes for everyone; Just ask and i'll share them if anyone is interested. ^^

Date: 2014-08-24 16:09:40
W00t! i just checked every pokémon i had in my party with super glitch and it turns out i have 125 pokémon and i acctually managed to get 5 glitch pokémon that you can normally only get with cheats whitout cheats =O

The Glitch Pokémon i had was:
OPkMn4X (CF)        - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/OPkMn4X
PkMnRPkMn '' (D9) - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PkMnRPkMn_%22