Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Minimize (Reducción) glitch - Page 1

Minimize (Reducción) glitch

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2014-06-22 05:08:49
Hi everyone, I come to speak of a small bug that happened to me yesterday. I've uploaded a video to YT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOQjt7crzPY

My pokemon chance the Reduction's sprite for the sprite of my pokemon enemy (Chansey was used the Reduction move) and Chansey had the sprite broken of my pokemon of my team. This ever happened to you?

This glitch It occurred to me in the emulators of VBA and BGB. Today I will try to console. Regards.

Edit by Torchickens: I changed the title to the correct English name and put the Spanish version name in brackets.

Re: Reduction's glitch?

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2014-06-22 05:54:17
You know, that is very strange…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-22 08:38:57
Another great find, Addri! It works in English Red/Blue too.

It was apparently fixed in Yellow, but I've only tested this with the codes 016BECCF, 016BEDCF, 016BEECF, 016BEFCF (all of the opponent's moves are Minimize).

You need to have the opponent use Minimize, open and close the Fight menu, and then view the status of any Pokémon. The opponent will then use the sprite of the Pokémon you viewed, but scrambled and it will use the same palette as the original opponent, and your Pokémon starts to use the Minimize sprite.

Date: 2014-06-22 11:01:08
I tested in my Game Boy Advance SP the Trick and works!

[img]http://i.gyazo.com/c587d3089dddc59e9c235c44978494a1.png[/img]

[img]http://i.gyazo.com/5a2603eb51372b2c7a7e76184d095514.png[/img]

Another great find, Addri! It works in English Red/Blue too.

It was apparently fixed in Yellow, but I've only tested this with the codes 016BECCF, 016BEDCF, 016BEECF, 016BEFCF (all of the opponent's moves are Minimize).

You need to have the opponent use Minimize, open and close the Fight menu, and then view the status of any Pokémon. The opponent will then use the sprite of the Pokémon you viewed, but scrambled and it will use the same palette as the original opponent, and your Pokémon starts to use the Minimize sprite.

I only tested on Pokémon Rojo/Azul (the spanish versions of Red/Blue). I think That in the game must have appeared Missigno. (By broken sprites). Have you tried the game without having ever appear Missigno.?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-22 11:43:18
Cool. No, seeing glitch Pokémon like Missingno. isn't anything to do with it. I just tried this from a new save that didn't see or have any glitch Pokémon and it worked.

By the way, it works with Substitute but no valid wild Pokémon know Substitute. That said, you should be able to have Ditto Transform into a Pokémon that knows it. Sabrina's Mr. Mime doesn't know Substitute.

Re: Minimize (Reducción) Glitch

Date: 2014-06-22 15:23:19

Cool. No, seeing glitch Pokémon like Missingno. isn't anything to do with it. I just tried this from a new save that didn't see or have any glitch Pokémon and it worked.

By the way, it works with Substitute but no valid wild Pokémon know Substitute. That said, you should be able to have Ditto Transform into a Pokémon that knows it. Sabrina's Mr. Mime doesn't know Substitute.
Sorry, I confused with other effect of Missingno.
I really also happened if he worked with Substitute, thanks for the information. Regards!  :D