Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

See 'Blind Pikachu' without cheats. - Page 1

See 'Blind Pikachu' without cheats.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-08-30 16:28:32
Someone found the blind Pikachu before, I'm not sure who. Maybe Yuzihax? It became some sort of a mini meme here if I recall correctly.

Now you can see him without a cheating device :D.

1) Do the item underflow glitch with a TM04 somewhere in the bag below the second item.
2) Go to the first floor of Celadon Department store, and select the TM04, then swap it with the 33rd item (it should always be above a HM04, which is just like putting CC in map address D35D. At the leftmost tile of the exit mat there should be a Full Restore below the HM04, too.
3) You'll be taken to the continue/new game/option screen with the department store music still playing. Press B to see blind Pikachu. If you select a new game, the palettes will be wrong until the end of the intro.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQ-pFuPQdw

[img]http://i.minus.com/jbtEtRSkpjZdGA.png[/img]

Re: See 'Blind Pikachu' without cheats.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2014-08-30 18:52:03

Someone found the blind Pikachu before, I'm not sure who. Maybe Yuzihax?

Yes!

It became some sort of a mini meme here if I recall correctly.

Nope!

Re: See 'Blind Pikachu' without cheats.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-08-31 05:41:55

Someone found the blind Pikachu before, I'm not sure who. Maybe Yuzihax?

Yes!

It became some sort of a mini meme here if I recall correctly.

Nope!

Cool!

Well at least someone liked blind Pikachu.

You can also do this with a TM05, an item you can actually buy from Celadon Department Store. The level script pointer at D36D  (C3 42) is what makes the game load the continue/new game/option screen, and TM05 loads the same bank for it (bank 1) as TM04.

Edit: Antidote (0B), TM06 (CE) or TM31 (E7) work too.