Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

pokemon r/b question - Page 1

pokemon r/b question

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-09-25 19:33:46
how do i battle jacred and his charizard m's without all my pokemon turning into explosive bulbasaurs and the game freezing?

Re: pokemon r/b question

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2014-09-25 19:46:22
I don't believe that's possible, IIRC.

inb4 you actually can and my "knowledge" is as outdated as I think~

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-09-25 20:15:21
To battle Jacred, you must defeat the Pokémon League exactly 147.7 times with a team of MissingNo, ZapMolCuno, Charcoalt, Rainer, Sapusaur, and John Madden. Upon clearing it for the 148.245th time, Jacred will be standing in Lance's place. His team consists of seven level 257 Charizard 'Ms that know Guillotine, Fissure, Fire Blast, and [size=2pt]Scratch[/size]. To defeat Jacred, you must fuse Charcoalt, Rainer, and Sapusaur into CharRainSap using the Haze Stone, an item given out by Nintendo on July 32nd, 1999. CharRainSap will wall the Charizard 'Ms and you can slowly whittle them down. Once you win, John Madden will grant you immortality.

All right, I'm done being a douche.

Jacred crashes the game when encountered, but according to GCL's page on Glitch Trainers, his roster is unique. However, considering how the games have been glitched to Hell and back, I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to battle him.

I've only ever heard about his team supposedly being U blocks and not Charizard 'Ms.

[size=2pt]I wish CharRainSap was real ;-;[/size]

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2014-09-25 21:20:29

To battle Jacred, you must defeat the Pokémon League exactly 147.7 times with a team of MissingNo, ZapMolCuno, Charcoalt, Rainer, Sapusaur, and John Madden. Upon clearing it for the 148.245th time, Jacred will be standing in Lance's place. His team consists of seven level 257 Charizard 'Ms that know Guillotine, Fissure, Fire Blast, and [size=2pt]Scratch[/size]. To defeat Jacred, you must fuse Charcoalt, Rainer, and Sapusaur into CharRainSap using the Haze Stone, an item given out by Nintendo on July 32nd, 1999. CharRainSap will wall the Charizard 'Ms and you can slowly whittle them down. Once you win, John Madden will grant you immortality.

never stop posting

Jacred crashes the game when encountered, but according to GCL's page on Glitch Trainers, his roster is unique. However, considering how the games have been glitched to Hell and back, I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to battle him.

why didn't I think of actually reading the wiki? jesus christ. if anyone wants to start gunning for my spot, this is your opportunity. i have been weakened.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-09-27 15:55:29

never stop posting

Mark the calendar, everyone! On September 25, 2014, I posted something kind of worthwhile for once!

Woo!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-09-29 07:10:02

how do i battle jacred and his charizard m's without all my pokemon turning into explosive bulbasaurs and the game freezing?

I don't know of a way to actually beat 'Jacred' (hex:C8) without without cheating. Jacred uses a glitch AI (but I don't know exactly what it does), so every time you make a turn, the game may freeze, or something else may happen. (when I tried it now the battle may restart for some reason). Jacred also has a glitch AI in Yellow, but I was able to do a few turns as 'normal'.

The actual ZZAZZ glitch effect can be avoided. The extent of ZZAZZ glitch corruption, according to TheZZAZZGlitch depends on the Trainer class base yield and the last Pokémon's level: These are multiplied together, but the game does consecutive additions, corrupting values past the winning money value every time the result exceeds 9999.

'Empty' rosters may cause the ZZAZZ glitch due to the last level being 0 (technically 256).

But these examples of Jacred do not cause the ZZAZZ glitch:

Red:
Roster 7 (Ditto trick w/Special stat of 200 and 0 Growls)

Yellow:

Roster 1 (Ditto trick w/Special stat of 200 and 5 Growls)
: I didn't get exploding Bulbasaur with roster 7 (0 Growls) even though there seemed to be some corruption due to the low HP sound.

Codes:
01C859D0 (58D0 in Yellow)
01xx5DD0  (5CD0 in Yellow, roster)

All that's needed is a way to stop Jacred's glitched AI freeze.

It's possible to battle him, but I don't know how to beat him with his glitch AI.

I put that his rosters are unique because TheZZAZZGlitch made an error; they aren't the same as old man trick (D8CF) Trainers.  But now I have second thoughts.