Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

how do i fix my blue version - Page 1

how do i fix my blue version

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-09-29 10:24:14
So when i was playing with the old man glitch and name codes, i accidentally gave my name an eighth letter. Is that why my game just doesnt save? When i save and reset it only has new game and options, but no continue, so i have to rely on emulator save files. Is there a way to remove that particular letter, or is there any other cause? I think i only caught missingno and m's until then. Does battling glitch prof oak cause side effects to the game?

Re: how do i fix my blue version

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-09-29 13:19:45

So when i was playing with the old man glitch and name codes, i accidentally gave my name an eighth letter. Is that why my game just doesnt save? When i save and reset it only has new game and options, but no continue, so i have to rely on emulator save files. Is there a way to remove that particular letter, or is there any other cause? I think i only caught missingno and m's until then. Does battling glitch prof oak cause side effects to the game?

If a 50 character isn't present on the eleventh character of your name or less, then continue will not appear, and if you hack back Continue, it seems like the save file is erased (NINTEN 0 Badges, 0:00 playing time). You should be able to avoid this in future by hacking back in a 50 with 01505FD1.

But after the event, it seems like your save file is gone for good, unless you have a Mega Memory Card with an earlier save, or something.

Alternatively, perhaps your save battery is dead, which may mean save files, even ones with valid names, get erased, but I'm not sure. Red/Blue/Yellow don't feature a RTC (in theory meaning the battery drains only when the Game Boy is running) and my cartridge saves still worked the last time I checked them.

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-09-29 19:15:26

If a 50 character isn't present on the eleventh character of your name or less, then continue will not appear, and if you hack back Continue, it seems like the save file is erased (NINTEN 0 Badges, 0:00 playing time). You should be able to avoid this in future by hacking back in a 50 with 01505FD1.

But after the event, it seems like your save file is gone for good, unless you have a Mega Memory Card with an earlier save, or something.

Alternatively, perhaps your save battery is dead, which may mean save files, even ones with valid names, get erased, but I'm not sure. Red/Blue/Yellow don't feature a RTC (in theory meaning the battery drains only when the Game Boy is running) and my cartridge saves still worked the last time I checked them.

Thanks Torchickens! You're awesome!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-09-30 07:45:11
Thanks for the kind words. :) Glad I was of help.