Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

[RBY?] Waking up with disabled move - Page 1

[RBY?] Waking up with disabled move

Posted by: Ryccardo
Date: 2014-11-13 10:24:13
So today I was battling the Lass in the grass on route 3, the one with a Jigglypuff, and the battle went this way:

Jigglypuff VS Pidgey
<Sing makes Pidgey asleep for 3 turns
>I then attack for 3 turns with Gust, taking back a [normal attack - don't remember the exact name], a failed Sing, and another of that attack
>With 1 HP left, I switch
Jigglypuff VS Pikachu
>Thunderbolt
<Sing (5 turns IIRC)
<In the meanwhile I also get Thunderbolt disabled
>and… the turn it wakes up (probably by coincidence), the narrator claims that Quick Attack became available again!
I won the battle using Pikachu and Squirtle afterwards with no other apparent weird effects.

Re: [RBY?] Waking up with disabled move

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-11-14 15:02:23
I have no clue how that happened, but the only answer I have is you probably misread something.

Or, the Pidgey had Quick Attack, got it disabled, and had it re-enabled while Pikachu was out, but I don't see how that could work.