Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

How do you get numbers in pokemon nicknames? - Page 1

How do you get numbers in pokemon nicknames?

Posted by: shutterbug2000
Date: 2014-12-14 17:47:49
I noticed in a couple of Chickasaurusgl's videos, the he/she had nicknamed a pokemon with hex, including numbers. I thought it was a cool idea, but I don't known how to nickname with numbers. What allows you to do that?

Thanks!

Re: How do you get numbers in pokemon nicknames?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-12-14 18:25:38

I noticed in a couple of Chickasaurusgl's videos, the he/she had nicknamed a pokemon with hex, including numbers. I thought it was a cool idea, but I don't known how to nickname with numbers. What allows you to do that?

Thanks!

Hi, that's me.

Yes, I wanted to name glitch Pokémon based on their hexadecimal index number, but I actually cheated and used memory viewer to do this (or you can use the following GameShark codes for Pokémon 1's name):

Slot 01 01??B5D2
Slot 02 01??B6D2
Slot 03 01??B7D2
Slot 04 01??B8D2
Slot 05 01??B9D2
Slot 06 01??BAD2
Slot 07 01??BBD2
Slot 08 01??BCD2
Slot 09 01??BDD2
Slot 10 01??BED2

If you can set up arbitrary code execution and your own code spelled with items though, you should be able to name a Pokémon anything. Maybe a code that sets the first letter to the quantity of an item, then modifies itself to change the second letter the second time you use it, and so on would work; like TheZZAZZGlitch's change your name code. I may work on such a code.

Re: How do you get numbers in pokemon nicknames?

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-12-14 19:36:28
I found the post for a "pseudo-gameshark" in your game: Link

Hopefully this will be much easier than looking through each post, although it is still a good idea to look through them because some posts explain things not mentioned in the first post. :)