Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Dokokashira door glitch help - Page 1

Dokokashira door glitch help

Posted by: Thracia776
Date: 2015-04-01 19:06:48
So far, I've been having a tough time activating the door glitch in Japanese Pokemon Red. The glitch has been happening, including my starter being turned into Charizard 'M, and every 4 or so steps I get a message likely saying something about me not having any usable Pokemon and whiting out.However it also has strange visual glitches going on. Like at Viridian City, I got the message and my screen filled up with random building parts, 9s, 2s, 5s and Pokemon Center signs

Re: Dokokashira door glitch help

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-04-01 19:35:03
I had the same problem when first performing the glitch. The game indeed thinks you have no usable Pokémon and blacks you out. When you swap Pokémon 1 with the (Japanese Charizard 'M) glitch Pokémon, make sure that you open and close the fight menu before running away. It seems like something that wouldn't work but it does.

Map blocks changing as you walk is a normal part of the glitch. You can actually use that to step into the grass east of Pallet Town and freeze the game (or get 'glitch hell' if you are using an emulator).

If you are using an emulator, make sure that you aren't using an old version of VBA too (try one of the top ones here) or you can try BGB or Bizhawk, and probably other emulators.

Date: 2015-04-01 20:02:45
Thanks for the help! I managed to reach a glitch hell, which caused my game to make a buzzing noise for less than a second then promptly reset to title screen. I'm kind of sad and disappointed it did not play random parts of the memory as sound but whatever. And the emu I was using was a fairly recent one for Android, not old VBA

Date: 2015-04-01 20:08:24
You're welcome. Hope the actual door warps worked?

Date: 2015-04-01 20:11:32
They did. I warped into the route where you spawn on the same position of one of the trainers.

Date: 2015-04-01 21:09:41
Cool :).

Date: 2015-04-01 21:41:39
I also learned not to save under the effects of the glitch after entering glitch hell at least once. I ended up in glitchy mess areas.