Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Save corruption-triggered Prevented Progress - Page 2

Re: Save corruption-triggered Prevented Progress

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-04-17 16:14:45
You're welcome. Ah, great! :)

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2015-04-18 04:55:12
Hello again,

Just to say that I tried your fix and it works fine, as expected  ;D and to confirm you can swap pokemon 1 and 7 twice more to uncorrupt it :)

A part of the team will now work on that hybrid pokemon stuff about DKD, because we believe it to be another interesting way to get any pokemon. And I guess there is fun to have with that other property of this glitch :
Items in 16th, 21st, 39th and 43rd slot in the PC have their identifiers decremented every 4 steps.

Another part will focus on 8F Code Execution exhaustive testing on french versions, and as for myself, I will start save corruption-related tests. At least, as soon as I finish testing 4G trade-cloning (which works for sure as I succeded, and presents no risk for the save file, but seems to work randomly).

So, If we find ourselves stuck, we might come back with questions  :P
Thanks !

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2015-04-30 13:25:10
Hello,

I recently wrote an article about save abuse for my website, and I've been thinking about something you might know the answer to it.

Let's say I wanna use the save abuse to get any item (like here : http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6472.msg198446.html#msg198446 )

But I want to do this in yellow and not be stuck by the Prevented Progress Glitch. If I switch some other pokemons, can I set the seen/own dex to 1, in order to continue my game after the glitch is performed ?