Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Surviving Selfdestruct - Pokémon Red - Page 1

Surviving Selfdestruct - Pokémon Red

Posted by: pokemaniaco
Date: 2015-06-28 12:23:57
Hello there,

Not sure if this is the place where I should say this, but here it goes:

When playing Pokémon Red, and battling Koga in Fuschia's city's Gym, I was battling his Weezing, having 6 pokémon, but only 1 (Pidgeotto) not fainted. Weezing used selfdestruct, I pressed B, and while his Weezing exploded and fainted, my Pidgeotto remained intact and I did not lose the battle.

Don't know if this is a glitch, but this fact sure happened to me, so please check it out and if it is possible. Thank you.

Best regards,
Pokemaniaco

Re: Surviving Selfdestruct - Pokémon Red

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2015-06-28 13:28:08
Might there be a chance you were in the very specific conditions of the "god mode" glitch (missing a two-turn move like fly because of paralysis in the second turn) ?

This glitch makes you invincible for a fight. I know enemy moves usually faints, but I am not sure of what happens when an enemy uses selfdestruct with the glitch active. I was thinking about this only because you mentioned having a fly-type Pokemon.

Re: Surviving Selfdestruct - Pokémon Red

Posted by: camper
Date: 2015-06-29 04:24:26
Every move not Swift has a chance to miss.