Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Questions about the Pokemon Merge Glitch - Page 1

Questions about the Pokemon Merge Glitch

Posted by: 1000000000000000000000000
Date: 2015-07-09 17:44:44
I have two questions about the Merge Glitch:

1. Is it possible to set this glitch up in the party menu instead of the PC?

2. Would this work in the Generation 2 games?

Re: Questions about the Pokemon Merge Glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-07-10 11:21:18

I have two questions about the Merge Glitch:

1. Is it possible to set this glitch up in the party menu instead of the PC?

2. Would this work in the Generation 2 games?

Great questions and welcome to the forums.

1. Yes. One way is to arrange your party like this:

Pidgey
Q
Z4
Omanyte
Seaking
Gengar

Then deposit Pidgey and you will get:

Q
Q (picture)/Z4 (recipient)
Z4 (picture)/Omanyte (recipient)
Omanyte (picture)/Seaking (recipient)
Seaking (picture)/Gengar (recipient)

Instead of using the box, you can do the same thing with the Day Care man south of Cerulean City provided your first Pokémon doesn't have a HM move because the Day Care man wouldn't be able to accept it.

2. The Pokémon merge glitch as it is traditionally done in Generation I probably doesn't work in Generation II because you cannot deposit an FF into the box (it appears as a Cancel that doesn't get the Deposit/Stats/Release box) to get the Pokémon 1, FF, Pokémon 3, Pokémon 4 set up.

However, both aforementioned methods in 1) work in Generation II. So you can turn the red Gyarados into another shiny e.g. Charmeleon, that you could stabilize (donor into recipient variation) by evolving into a stable shiny Charizard, for instance.

Here is a video of making hybrids in Generation II by depositing a Pokémon above ????? (FF).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPiJStUldjI

Re: Questions about the Pokemon Merge Glitch

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2015-07-13 03:43:32
Video link is broken.