Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Getting 'M (FF) with one GB(A) - Page 1

Getting 'M (FF) with one GB(A)

Posted by: snuggles08
Date: 2015-11-07 07:52:57
I want to do the Pokemon Merge Glitch, however that needs 'M (FF), which is only available by trading with Yellow. Is there any glitch to get this on Blue only?

Re: Getting 'M (FF) with one GB(A)

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-11-07 08:07:50
You could use arbitrary code execution to get it.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2015-11-07 09:17:12
You could more simply use the Cooltrainer Trick. Route 1's Glitch City has a good spot to generate Charizard 'M  ;)

Anyway, there is 4 known ways to get this Pokémon:
- Trade with Yellow's Q
- Johto Cloaking Trick with ????? (hex:FF)
- Save Abuse Glitch
- Cooltrainer Trick

Posted by: snuggles08
Date: 2015-11-07 09:30:59
Thanks! I saw that in the GlitchDex, but didn't understand what it meant.

Date: 2015-11-07 10:03:08
Yes, the GlitchDex mentions Route 1's Glitch City but with the use of Super Glitch, which is some sort of more powerful and more dangerous version of the Cooltrainer corruption. Particularly, this mention is probably intended for the use of the LOL Glitch a rather similar way to obtain Pokémon, but requiring two glitch items.

Most of the times, in Red/Blue, people just use the Cooltrainer trick because it has no prerequisite. However if you never used this glitch, you may notice that it doesn't work for everyone. If you can't trigger the corruption, come back here and we might be able to help you. If we can't, LOL Glitch might become your only solution, outside ACE as Wack0 mentioned (and I didn't in my previous post because it's obvious :p)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-11-07 11:53:24
To clarify (I thought it would be best to make sure because you can get different Glitch Cities of the same map), this is the Route 1 Glitch City from the Safari Zone exit glitch (where you try to exit the Safari Zone, say no, save+reset, leave and run out of Safari Zone steps in Route 1).

The result of CoolTrainer and LOL glitch are based on screen data that is saved when you open the Pokémon menu, specifically BGB coordinates x=01 y=06 determine species and this image marks a spot that will give you Charizard 'M; as other spots may not give the same Pokémon.

[img]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/Torchickens/ssddd.png[/img]

TheZZAZZGlitch has a video that includes getting Charizard 'M (FF) with the CoolTrainer trick.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNUz3HOaEos[/youtube]
(click)

If you would like to get it with the LOL glitch, you will need a long name glitch item such as PC (hex:80) and 9F (hex:5E).

1) Do the Safari Zone exit trick and go to Route 1
2) Partially escape from a wild battle in Route 1 using 9F (press start after using the item in the battle).
3) Walk around with the glitched graphics until you are warped to the Safari Zone gate
4) Exit into the Route 1 Glitch City and open the menu in the same spot as in the CoolTrainer version
5) Select the "PC" item (etc.) with A but cancel out of the Use/Toss box and then use a Master Ball.

I hope this helps.

Date: 2015-11-07 12:44:06
Btw Torchickens, since you mention long name items, do you know a list of "Rival's name" items ? I noticed they don't display the same rival's name letter in the "cooltrainer spot" and I would like to find one item that always (or almost always) displays an "even" letter (that will match a quantity and not an item in the expanded pack) of the name whatever the name's length is.

Thanks!