Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Minor Glitch when Setting Up CoolMew; Not sure if this is new? - Page 1

Minor Glitch when Setting Up CoolMew; Not sure if this is new?

Posted by: TwilightHakuryuu
Date: 2016-02-20 16:54:53
Not sure if this is known or not;

I was setting up a CoolMew using a level 10 Mew against a level 10 Ratatta.

Transformed;

Swapped 1st & 3rd Moves
Swapped 2nd & 3rd Moves
Swapped 2nd & 3rd Moves

Defeated Ratatta; levelled up.

Exited Battle, checked Mew in party; only move is Transform.
Go to use Ether; only move is Transform.
Enter Battle; only move is Transform.

Cooltrainer move should have been in the first move slot and masked all moves below it (Transform was move 2 prior to Transforming and should have been Move 2 still after the swaps.)

So I suppose levelling up is what erased the - in Move Slot 1?

Re: Minor Glitch when Setting Up CoolMew; Not sure if this is new?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-02-22 19:02:09
It shouldn't : you didn't learn Transform while levelling, did you ?
Otherwise this could come from your quite unusual moveset swapping.

You should try again, only swapping 1st and 3rd.
But hey, maybe you fond another breach in our beloved, clumsy, rusty Generation I engine :D

Date: 2016-02-23 22:41:24
I'll try it out again later and see if it happens again. I've never had this happen before, but then again I've never had a CoolMew level up at the end of the battle where I was setting up the glitch before. CoolMew don't stay CoolMew for long either because they learn other moves; not remotely as useful as CoolDitto generally, so if this /is/ a minor glitch, I'm not surprised that it would go unnoticed.

Mind you, I performed this on cartridge. I'll do it again on my gba sp, and if successful, try it on my gbc for the sake of making sure it's not an issue with the handhelds themselves.

Date: 2016-04-03 12:21:34
My appologies for taking so long to get back to this.

So apparently "–" ended up in slot 2, which means I likely made a slip-up during switching without realizing it. It's the only situation that yields the result I found. So due to the cooltrainer move's move-hiding ability, the third slot, which still contained pound, was hidden from me and unselectable; however, by teaching Mew a new move, the cooltrainer move was automatically replaced and Pound became visible again.

This just gave me two ideas for experiments, though.