Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

I have a problem with the Trainer Scape Glitch - Page 1

I have a problem with the Trainer Scape Glitch

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2016-03-26 10:55:26
Well, Is time ago since my last post in this section, and now I want to break this data. I come here to ask one succes (well, one succes that they occurred two times) and is relacionated with the Trainer Scape Glitch. I want to complete my PokeDex in Pokemon Blue right now and I use several times this glitch to capture a big number of Pokemon, until in one occasion I return to he Trainer rute to repeat the glitch and I check that the glitch don't works, the trainer don't comes to me when I escape. I return and I see that the trainer acts like I fought with him. I don't was fought when him before, and I don't understand xD

This happened to me two times, and this not happened before (in emulator or Game Boy). If someone know for what happen this, say in a post for what. I don't want to happen this because I lost the most famous trainers to do this glitch (Cerulean City and Lavender Town). Thank you for reading.

Re: I have a problem with the Trainer Scape Glitch

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-03-26 14:08:58
I don't see why the trainer has been beaten. Did you make sure to always flash your start menu right before entering the route you initiated the glitch in ?

Well, don't worry, these games are full of Trainer-Flyable trainers (see this i!age and look for trainers in an orange rectangle).

But did you know Trainer-Fly can be pulled off without any long-range trainer ? Well, you really don't need any trainers at all ! See this section of the TFly article for info. Have fun !

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2016-03-26 16:38:26

I don't see why the trainer has been beaten. Did you make sure to always flash your start menu right before entering the route you initiated the glitch in ?

Well, don't worry, these games are full of Trainer-Flyable trainers (see this i!age and look for trainers in an orange rectangle).

But did you know Trainer-Fly can be pulled off without any long-range trainer ? Well, you really don't need any trainers at all ! See this section of the TFly article for info. Have fun !
I remember sometimes that the menu is not open, but a text message appear. The words of a trainer and one time appear the text message of the Long-distance trainer and after I fought with her, but I inmediately shut down the Game Boy and I re-start the game. I remember works after this. And other times appear the words of other trainer, but was happened the same. Is the problem for this?

Yeah, I know others long-distance trainers in the game, but I prefer the most nearest to use D:  I post here because I don't found any information about this. Thank you for posting.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2016-03-26 22:27:49
It sounds like you may have talked to a NPC or interacted with a sign, causing some text to show up. This triggers the beginning of the Walking-Lag glitch. Instead of encountering a Pokemon, you end up being challenged by one of the trainers on the route. It sounds like maybe you were challenged by the Gambler, the trainer you fly or teleport away from, causing the "already fought" flag to be set in RAM. Also I never even knew that you could trigger this glitch by tossing items from your PC. :V Do you recall interacting with a sign, NPC, or healing your Pokemon at a Pokemon Center? Also when you returned back to the route, could you barely walk and did you hear random sounds being played?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-03-27 04:58:19
Yes, if you read a sign or talk to someone, you're provoking a text box mismatching (the last called text box is not the start menu anymore, hence ISSOtm asking you if you flashed the start menu). The text thing you describe is typical, and sometimes a text box mismatching triggers the walking lag glitch (if the text box refers to a non-existing npc/sign on this route). But I'm not sure whether this could be the cause of your trainer being already defeated.