Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

NPCs that can be removed by the Mew Glitch? - Page 3

Re: NPCs that can be removed by the Mew Glitch?

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2016-05-19 05:58:12
That's funny because people on PRAMA's forum is trying to do the same thing at Saffron, and we were wondering which map we could use. Guess we have the answer now… so bad  :(

Posted by: Ephraim225
Date: 2016-05-20 01:22:59
That stinks. I really wanted to make a speedrun of the game that only gets 6 badges and never fights any Rockets, and that's very much possible with lots of Brock Through Walls abuse, but I wanted to use some of the tricks that don't often get used. It wouldn't be that serious a speedrun, but I'm a casual player in that field anyhow :( Thanks anyways though, ZZAZZ.

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2016-05-20 06:02:41
Oops. Actually, it's possible! I forgot that the Mew Glitch can be triggered by blacking out.

Simply encounter a wild Pokemon on Victory Road 1F while in a trainer's line of sight and lose the battle. Fight a different trainer, return to Victory Road through Viridian City, Route 22 and Route 23, and there you have it - a Mew Glitch encounter with only two missable objects on the list.

Date: 2016-05-20 06:51:09
That's nice! However, keeping in mind the speedrun purpose, Victory Road won't be available at this time, right?

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2016-05-20 07:45:50

That's nice! However, keeping in mind the speedrun purpose, Victory Road won't be available at this time, right?

Yep. It's pretty useless for this purpose, since you need the Saffron Gym badge anyway to access the Victory Road. But it's good to know that there is a way to trigger a Mew Glitch encounter with 2 missable objects - this might be used for some fun stuff later.

Date: 2016-05-21 04:28:55
In case you were wondering, thelinekioubeur posted on PRAMA that you cannot use this subglitch to avoid RIVAL fights. The RIVAL will indeed disappear, but its text box displays, the battle starts anyway, and then the game freezes.

[img]http://forum.prama-initiative.com/download/file.php?id=60[/img]

thelinekioubeur also notes that just as Snorlax, the RIVAL is always the first missable object flag on the list.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-05-21 13:39:02
The rival fights are generated by map scripts rather than the rival object itself. This also applies to the tile left of the sailor blocking S.S.Anne, the Saffron guards and the guards blocking Cycling Road.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-05-21 20:48:59
Can't you walk below the rival, then up?