Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Yellow Hex ID C9-FF, New glitch pokemon? - Page 1

Yellow Hex ID C9-FF, New glitch pokemon?

Posted by: edwardsjs21
Date: 2016-06-05 11:30:05
So I was messing around on my yellow rom, trying to catch pokemon with hex IDs C9-FF, not realizing that those were the IDs for trainers. While I was doing this I made the discovery that you can hard reset whenever you get a trainer until it gives you a glitch pokemon with that hex. So far, using this method I have caught glitch pokemon with hex IDs ranging from CB to E1 and all inbetween. I have still yet to test E2-FF with this method but so far it is yielding some interesting glitch pokemon which have still yet to be indexed at this point.
Also I am using the gameshark code 01xxd7cf to obtain my pokemon rather than the mew glitch to save time, I don't know if that is why this is working but hopefully it's applicable to the mew glitch as well.
I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else wants to try it.

Re: Yellow Hex ID C9-FF, New glitch pokemon?

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-06-05 12:22:44
It's not new, sadly. Also the Pokémon shown in your avatar is my favourite glitch Pokémon of all time.

You can read about those glitch Pokémon here.

Date: 2016-06-05 13:53:55
Yeah, I realized that it wasn't new shortly after posting this, thanks.

Posted by: Ephraim225
Date: 2016-06-05 18:26:28
While I was doing this I made the discovery that you can hard reset whenever you get a trainer until it gives you a glitch pokemon with that hex.

That part is new to me, what did you do to make that happen exactly?

Date: 2016-06-05 20:48:44
I used the gameshark code 01(Hex)d7cf and saved the game. Then I walked into grass until I encountered a pokemon, if it was a trainer I just hard reset(pushed the power button) and tried again until a glitch pokemon appeared rather than a trainer. I've found that the pokemon often take the sprite of pokemon you would normally encounter in that grass but keep the color of the glitch pokemon, that may be part of why it worked.