Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Save Abuse Glitch Variation - Page 1

Pokemon Save Abuse Glitch Variation

Posted by: PokeGlitchFanatic
Date: 2016-06-30 12:36:04
I have been gone for a while, and during my hiatus I began to experiment with the Pokemon Yellow Save Abuse, "Beat the Game in 0:00" glitch.
In order to experiment with both the Pokemon you receive and the glitch inventory, I do the "turn off before game saves" thing,corrupt the inventory, but I do not warp anywhere. I have gotten some fascinating results by switching around, tossing, and viewing various items and glitch Pokemon. I even managed to beat the rival with a 3trainerpoke, although the game froze immediately afterwards. I have massive amounts of screen shots and video. I'll attach a few soon (computer issues now), and if anybody wants to join me on my research, have fun!
EDIT: I have accessed the most fantastic screenshots and have attached them.

Re: Pokemon Save Abuse Glitch Variation

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-07-01 06:50:11
Ooh, neat. ^_^

Posted by: PokeGlitchFanatic
Date: 2016-07-01 07:07:05
I've confirmed a few things about what item represents what. I always have a ton of ethers in my party, and tossing all of them makes the game totslly black and white, with no shading. I'm assuming that it represents the coloring, so by tossing specific amounts, I can make it any color I desire.
EDIT: After experimenting, I realized that ether dos change the color. However, it will only do one of three things: a(make the game the light green shown in my screenshot) b(make it a light blue) c(make it black/white.
Tossing any number that isn't all of them has no effect.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-07-01 07:52:39

I've confirmed a few things about what item represents what. I always have a ton of ethers in my party, and tossing all of them makes the game totslly black and white, with no shading. I'm assuming that it represents the coloring, so by tossing specific amounts, I can make it any color I desire.
EDIT: After experimenting, I realized that ether dos change the color. However, it will only do one of three things: a(make the game the light green shown in my screenshot) b(make it a light blue) c(make it black/white.
Tossing any number that isn't all of them has no effect.

You may have altered item 32's quantity (brightness) but it's interesting it was Ethers changing the quantity. When you toss all of an item, it may shift the items below it two bytes upwards; so tossing all of an item above item 32 (stored sound bank x brightness) can affect it if there are no Cancels in between.

Luckytyphlosion documented item underflow items, which you can find here.
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6914.msg194959.html#msg194959

The items beyond slot 20 basically represent D346 and beyond in this list
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pokemon_Red:RAM_map#Items

One item represents one address, and the next item represents the address that follows (e.g. item 21 is D346; item 21 quantity is D347).