Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Gen 1 glitches : usefulness & difficulties - Page 1

Gen 1 glitches : usefulness & difficulties

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-07-16 07:17:34
This purely my opinons, but I'm open to suggestions.

[table]
[tr]
[td]Glitch[/td][td]Usefulness[/td][td]Performing difficulty[/td][td]Red's rant[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8F, ws m[/td][td]OVER 9000[/td][td]Long but fine.[/td][td]"Kinda makes me godlike. Huh."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Amazing Man[/td][td]As much as a broken pencil.[/td][td]Popping a text box.[/td][td]"Are these guys being clowns to ATTRACT attention ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Brock Through Walls[/td][td]Nice speedrun thingy.[/td][td]Okay in length.[/td][td]"That guy must have been very confused. I wonder what would happen if I talked to him from above."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cable Club escape[/td][td]Useful at times.[/td][td]May be lengthy.[/td][td]"Maybe this is punishment for being rude ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cloning[/td][td]Always nice.[/td][td]Just at that right time…[/td][td]"Do I need to be QPU aligned to perform this ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Coastal Flooding[/td][td]Truly Useless.[/td][td]Mere seconds.[/td][td]"The tides in this area are impressive."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cooltrainer[/td][td]Very useful. Very.[/td][td]Thank Game Frack's awful programming for the setup length of this one.[/td][td]"I feel like I'm doing genetical experimentations. Do bioethics exist in this world ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cycling Road without a bike[/td][td]Meh.[/td][td]Meh.[/td][td]"I don't know what bothers me the most, the guy letting me pass, or a Bicycle spawning under me when I don't have one ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dokokashira[/td][td]EPIC 8)[/td][td]As fast as snapping Blue's neck two fingers.[/td][td]"What on earth was in THAT parcel ???"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Expanded item pack[/td][td]OVER 8000 (but under 9000)[/td][td]Correct, unless playing US Yellow :P[/td][td]"I found my bag was bigger on the inside."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Experience underflow[/td][td]Mostly useful when beginning the game.[/td][td]Easy peasy lemon squeezie.[/td][td]"Kinda rebalances super-low-level Pokémon."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]F9 box-set[/td][td]Nice, but with some side effects.[/td][td]Ewww.[/td][td]"Okay, considering what just happened, walking through walls seems almost normal."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Focus Energy glitch[/td][td]Super useless[/td][td]Isn't it better to actually avoid it ?[/td][td]"I guess that Pokémon focus energy, but out of battle ? That sucks, tho."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Fossil conversion[/td][td]Just useful.[/td][td]Having the correct XP can be long.[/td][td]"That scientist guy truly is a genius."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Glitch City RAM Manipulation[/td][td]Can be used in stead of Missingno to trigger an Expanded Item Pack.[/td][td]It's quite a long walk.[/td][td]"Walking this much in a garbled landscape then cutting a tree affected my storage PC ? This world sure is strange…"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Old man trick[/td][td]May justify crappy names (I said "may" !)[/td][td]Just flyin'.[/td][td]"I hated my parents for naming me "D A / D A MN", but now I love them."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Pikachu ACE[/td][td]Between 8000 and 9000[/td][td]Quite complicated, and dude can Pikachu not be in love.[/td][td]"Didn't expect him to be that powerful."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Q Trick[/td][td]"Amalgamates", anyone ?[/td][td]Just short.[/td][td]"I wonder if Alphys' True Lab could be in that mansion."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Stoneless Evolution[/td][td]Spares money.[/td][td]Easy ![/td][td]"Is this a kind of symbiosis between Pokémon ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Trainer-Fly[/td][td]Back to our roots.[/td][td]Hope you didn't smash all of them long-range guys.[/td][td]"Because of all its randomness, I wonder why Twitch Plays Pokémon never got this one."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]ZZAZZ Glitch[/td][td]Not quite useful, but still fun.[/td][td]Just get that Ditto ![/td][td]"How did that clone of me change my name and Pokémons ????"[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Re: Gen 1 glitches : usefulness & difficulties

Posted by: TheUnReturned
Date: 2016-07-16 07:47:19

This purely my opinons, but I'm open to suggestions.

[table]
[tr]
[td]Glitch[/td][td]Usefulness[/td][td]Performing difficulty[/td][td]Red's rant[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8F, ws m[/td][td]OVER 9000[/td][td]Long but fine.[/td][td]"Kinda makes me godlike. Huh."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Brock Through Walls[/td][td]Nice speedrun thingy.[/td][td]Okay in length.[/td][td]"That guy must have been very confused. I wonder what would happen if I talked to him from above."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cloning[/td][td]Always nice.[/td][td]Just at that right time…[/td][td]"Do I need to be QPU aligned to perform this ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cooltrainer[/td][td]Very useful. Very.[/td][td]Thank Game Frack's awful programming.[/td][td]"I feel like I'm doing genetical experimentations. Does bioethics exist in this world ?"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dokokashira[/td][td]EPIC 8)[/td][td]As fast as snapping Blue's neck two fingers.[/td][td]"What on earth was in THAT parcel ???"[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Expanded item pack[/td][td]OVER 8000 (but under 9000)[/td][td]Correct, unless playing US Yellow :P[/td][td]"I found my bag was bigger on the inside."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]F9 box-set[/td][td]Nice, but with some side effects.[/td][td]Ewww.[/td][td]"Okay, considering what just happened, walking through walls seems almost normal."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Fossil conversion[/td][td]Just useful.[/td][td]Having the correct XP can be long.[/td][td]"That scientist guy truly is a genius."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Old man trick[/td][td]May justify crappy names (I said "may" !)[/td][td]Just flyin'.[/td][td]"I hated my parents for naming me "D A / D A MN", but now I love them."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Pikachu ACE[/td][td]Between 8000 and 9000[/td][td]Quite complicated, and dude can Pikachu not be in love.[/td][td]"Didn't expect him to be that powerful."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Q Trick[/td][td]"Amalgamates", anyone ?[/td][td]Just short.[/td][td]"I wonder if Alphys' True Lab could be in that mansion."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Trainer-Fly[/td][td]Back to our roots.[/td][td]Hope you didn't smash all of them long-range guys.[/td][td]"Because of all its randomness, I wonder why Twitch Plays Pokémon never got this one."[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]ZZAZZ Glitch[/td][td]Not quite useful, but still fun.[/td][td]Just get that Ditto ![/td][td]"How did that clone of me change my name and Pokémons ????"[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
if we figure out the exact mechanics of invalid sound bank maybe we can have fun with it by jumping from codes to codes 😏

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-07-16 10:19:54
Twitch Plays Pokemon did a JOHN-fly in democracy ;)

Date: 2016-07-16 12:02:02
Seriously ? Man ! xD
How did they get the item ?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-07-17 00:54:44
Talked to Old Man
Then a whole hour and more of searching for Missingno.
Then another hour of searching for another Missingno., creating a stack of 255x Ultra Balls
Underflowing our bag
Warpping to HoF, Glitch City and checking corrupted HoF entry
First crash (pressed A on a long-name item) and second crash (again, but in anarchy, with hooked Metapod)
First attempt to get RIVAL's. Failed because of long-name item blocks
Moving and buying items to clear the long-name item block,
then perform another underflow. Successfully getting JOHN.
Flying away from a biker on cycling road.
And we got a Slowbro out of that.

Posted by: TheUnReturned
Date: 2016-07-17 01:22:56

Talked to Old Man
Then another hour of searching for another Missingno., creating a stack of 255x Ultra Balls
Underflowing our bag
First crash (pressed A on a long-name item) and second crash (again, but in anarchy, with hooked Metapod)
so many links xD

Date: 2016-07-17 05:10:11

Talked to Old Man
Underflowing our bag

Man, TPP must have been higher than usual (which is already way too high)