Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Super Glitch in Pokemon Tower (Pokemon Yellow) - Page 1

Super Glitch in Pokemon Tower (Pokemon Yellow)

Posted by: monisa18
Date: 2016-10-31 21:29:20
So I have a Z 4 on Pokemon Yellow with 2 move slots with Super Glitch (I got two because the first one it learned [Index B6] didn't have many glitch effects, so I also got Index C0). I've been playing with it, but I got curious to see what happened when used against the Ghosts in Pokemon Tower. For the record, I don't have the Silph Scope. The first time I tried it, it brought up the message "Dang! The Ghost can't be ID'D", but when I opened my Fight menu, and the game saw Super Glitch, I was actually able to attack the Ghost, and it actually attacked back instead of saying "Get out… Get out… Get out…". It used Night Shade. Unfortunately, the only moves I knew were Normal type, so they didn't affect the Ghost. Every time I try to recreate the glitch, it doesn't work and it plays out as it should. Wondering if anyone had experienced this or if they could give some insight. I did test it, and the TMTRAINER effect does work on the Ghost, you just can't attack it. I didn't get any photos or videos of this. This has got to be one of the weirdest Super Glitch effects I've ever seen.

Re: Super Glitch in Pokemon Tower (Pokemon Yellow)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-10-31 21:56:02

I was actually able to attack the Ghost, and it actually attacked back instead of saying "Get out… Get out… Get out…". It used Night Shade.

Despairbutalsoanerection.jpg

The effects of Super Glitch or TMTRAINER probably tricked the game into thinking the Ghost had been ID'd. Gastly and Haunter have the move right off the bat.

That's all I got.

Re: Super Glitch in Pokemon Tower (Pokemon Yellow)

Posted by: monisa18
Date: 2016-10-31 22:03:12
Just got it to recreate again. This time it's moves are Confuse Ray, Night Shade, and Lick. Probably Gastly/Haunter. I would use the glitch to view the Pokemon's sprite, but… Opening my Pokemon menu crashes the game… Oh well. Cool that I found this on Halloween.