Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Yellow Link cable Pikachu creepy glitch? - Page 1

Pokemon Yellow Link cable Pikachu creepy glitch?

Posted by: MarcinTVP8
Date: 2016-12-19 02:27:52
I have been having fun with linking Trade Center to Colloseum, and I exprienced a creepy glitch.

When I traded Pikachu over form Yellow to Blue, I was having a Colloseum battle with the opponent Pikachu, I loaded a save state on Yellow in the attachment.

After I used an move in Yellow Pikachu (the state was made before the tarde), my Blue game crashed with a sprite decompression table of letters and went to white.

I restarted the Blue game, and when I started a naw Colloseum battle, the Yellow game read opponent data as opponent name (9999999) and Pikachu's name (7777777Poke).

When on the Blue game I checked the Pikachu summary, THE PIKACHU SPRITE WAS A LOT BRIGHTER THAN NORMALLY WAS!

When the Pikachu summary closed, the Blue game went to a screen PLEASE WAIT!

I restarted the Blue game and saw that a message apperared that the save file was destroyed.

I don't know what happened! Can somebody tell me what has happened?

(The save state is for TGB Dual only)

Re: Pokemon Yellow Link cable Pikachu creepy glitch?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-12-19 02:59:12
The first rule of emulating Pokémon multiplayer :
NEVER LOAD A STATE WHILE GAME BOYS ARE COMMUNICATING

Because otherwise you're going to screw up many things that have to be synced.
Generation I battles are extremely fragile, and welp, you should NEVER load states when doing this.
NEVER.

Posted by: MarcinTVP8
Date: 2016-12-19 03:44:39
I know. I have saved a video of some glitch battles with save states.

The content which you posted was a advice.

I don't know exactly what happened. Is the game bootlegged? Or it's just ACE?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-12-19 04:18:31
Nah, probably one of the games sent data which the other, being desynced in time, interpreted another way, which usually leads to the game using SELFDESTRUCT.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-19 06:50:50
Well, save file deletion is commonly a side effect of a invalid ACE setup writing trash to SRAM/locking it, or using some glitch items. I had my VC Blue save deleted by a glitch item (I randomly triggered WTW by swapping items around) which I used my mistake.