Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

How to encounter the Yellow MissingNo.? - Page 1

How to encounter the Yellow MissingNo.?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2006-12-06 07:47:52
OK I've found my old yellow it just deleted my data..but how do I find it? I know with the Mew Trick but I don't know the Yellow Version Mew Trick.. This might of been asked somewhere before but I can't find where. What is the Mew Trick for Pokemon Yellow? If I do find the Yellow MissingNo. I think there's a high chance of it freezing the game but when I do find it, I'll put down it's status and what it can do.. I don't have a camera with any non-used film in it so I'll put down everything of my Yellow like my character's name how many Badges I have how many Pokemon I have and seen etc etc. If it don't freeze the game and I can catch it check it's status I'll put it down and load it up.

Re: How to encounter the Yellow MissingNo.?

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-12-06 13:48:53
The Mew Trick and Ditto Trick are the same in Red/Blue as they are in Yellow. The only difference is that Dittos are found in a different place in Yellow than they are in Red/Blue–they're found in the basement of Cinnabar Mansion.

Date: 2006-12-07 11:38:46
Ah I guess that but I know there's a trick to find the Yellow MissingNo. but how do I do the trick I've been after MissingNo. on Yellow for years when I heard it was removed I knew there was away to get him but I don't know how

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2006-12-09 16:35:05
Do the Ditto Trick with a special of 31 (or 182/183/184).  Upon arriving at the route from where you flew away from the first trainer, you will see a Yellow Missingno (or Kabutops/Fossil/Ghost Missingno).  The Yellow Missingno is the one that causes strange effects in Yellow, but the Abwayaxian Missingnos should behave just like in R/B, complete with item duplication.

Date: 2006-12-09 18:54:07
I see but witch trainers do I must not battle?

Date: 2006-12-10 15:22:15
Trainer one (the one from whom you flee) must be a special trainer (like the gambler on the Saffron side of Route 8, the person facing upward in the grass west of Nugget Bridge, and a few others I cannot remember offhand).  One of these trainers must remain undefeated in order to perform this trick.

Trainer two can be any trainer that is NOT on the same route as trainer one.  You must be able to get to trainer two without using the menu at all (this rules out the trainers on sea routes).

If you have a trainer one and a trainer two, you can perform the trick ad infinitum by losing to trainer two.  This allows the trick to still occur while leaving trainer two undefeated.

Date: 2006-12-11 17:09:06
Hmm I remember seeing a screenshot from somewhere about the Youngerster and the Gambler not to fight them two as you go somewhere the start menu comes up the B button won't work as you close the menu the screen goes black then Wild MISSINGNO. appeared! but I can barely remember

Date: 2006-12-11 19:46:13
The Youngster and the Gambler are two trainers that can be used to obtain Mew, by a process very similar to the Ditto Trick.

Trainer one is the gambler.
Trainer two is the youngster.  Because the special of the youngster's last pokemon is 21, if you skip the Ditto encounter and go directly to the gambler's route, you will obtain Mew.

The point is that every trainer has a specific pokemon it will generate when it is a trainer two.  However, not all hex values are covered.  The Ditto trick allows all 255 positive hex values to be used, although some produce trainers, not the underlying glitches.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-01-01 13:16:08
Does anyone know the hex number for yellow missingno.?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-01-01 13:21:20
I believe the hexes for Yellow Missingno are the same as for Red/Blue.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-01-01 13:48:58

I believe the hexes for Yellow Missingno are the same as for Red/Blue.

Thanks,I'll get right on to reserching it!
EDIT:I started a new game on my yellow ROM and got the yellow missingno. Using rare candies I got him to Lv 21,he defeated my rival and grew to LV 1 0_o

Posted by: m
Date: 2007-02-19 11:50:25
the missingos for red\blue\yellow are alll same and so am i

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-02-19 14:14:19

the missingos for red\blue\yellow are alll same and so am i

No they're not, and you're a human, not a Pokemon.

Posted by: m
Date: 2007-02-21 22:14:59
IM A POKEGLITCH DEAL WITH IT!!!! and im geting a gameshark tommoroooooooow YAY!!!!!!!!

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-02-22 12:37:16

IM A POKEGLITCH DEAL WITH IT!!!! and im geting a gameshark tommoroooooooow YAY!!!!!!!!

Your name is also Pokeglitch on another forums?