Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

If i save with a corruption caused by 8f, I can start new save /w no problems? - Page 1

If i save with a corruption caused by 8f, I can start new save /w no problems?

Posted by: 310cpt
Date: 2017-01-22 13:18:23
Hello,
If i corrupt my save file with 8f & i accidentally save it, I can simply start a new save with no problems with that game, right?

just double checking.

-thanks

Re: If i save with a corruption caused by 8f, I can start new save /w no problems?

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-22 13:34:44
Yup. …that's all that needs said.

Re: If i save with a corruption caused by 8f, I can start new save /w no problems?

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-22 15:25:08
My save on 3DS VC Blue was corrupted by a unterminated name item, everything worked like normal, except my save file, which died a paintful death.

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-01-25 10:09:03
Yeah, you can.
Data from old saves don't carry into new saves.
:o 8)

Date: 2017-01-25 11:05:24

Yeah, you can.

SRAM glitch m8.

Date: 2017-01-25 12:33:01

Yeah, you can.

SRAM glitch m8.

Oh-

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-01-25 12:45:07
Not everything carries over. For example, your Pokémon will be carried over into your new party, but since you have a different TID and probably OT, they ain't obeying ya.
Items may also carry over, but I'm unsure about that.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-25 13:06:53

Yeah, you can.

SRAM glitch m8.
DOWN+SELECT+B.
FF for life!

Date: 2017-01-25 15:14:05

Not everything carries over. For example, your Pokémon will be carried over into your new party, but since you have a different TID and probably OT, they ain't obeying ya.
Items may also carry over, but I'm unsure about that.

Well if ITEMS carry over, then that 8f glitch would probably carry over.
Also maybe that since Pokemon carry over it could explain my disobedient charmander in my previous save?

Date: 2017-01-26 12:57:40
Well, only Pokémon would carry over, sadly, as the SRAM glitch doesn't affect items, just your current party.
Also, did you check your name\ID and your Charmander's OT\ID? Did they match yours?

Date: 2017-01-26 15:51:33

Well, only Pokémon would carry over, sadly, as the SRAM glitch doesn't affect items, just your current party.
Also, did you check your name\ID and your Charmander's OT\ID? Did they match yours?

They did

Date: 2017-01-26 16:37:41
Well, the game trolls you then, I have no idea why id doesn't obey you.