Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

GameShark induced glitches or corruptions. - Page 1

GameShark induced glitches or corruptions.

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-01-24 23:36:32
Talk about your glitches or corruptioms caused by using a GameShark here!

For me I got the cooltrainer female corruption glitch
;D

Re: GameShark induced glitches or corruptions.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-25 10:31:24
0120EFC0
Yellow
plz help
(note:doesn't work on emulators that set the value every frame (works on emulators like GBC.emu Free (Android only)))

Date: 2017-01-25 10:41:59
What were the effects of that?  :o
I haven't used my GameShark because when I got my save corrupted, I got my GS corrupted, too!
Which sucked ass, I got it for my Bday.

Date: 2017-01-25 10:47:38
Spams 20 to C0EF, the current sound bank address.
20 is the Yellow exclusive sound bank.

Date: 2017-01-25 12:27:33
Oh. Interesting.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-25 13:12:00

I haven't used my GameShark because when I got my save corrupted, I got my GS corrupted, too!
…how did you trash ROMdata? Look up the recovery button combo and if ROM isn't fucked (physically impossible to overwrite) it'll wipe everything on the cart, allowing you to continue.

Date: 2017-01-25 13:53:17

…how did you trash ROMdata? Look up the recovery button combo and if ROM isn't fucked (physically impossible to overwrite) it'll wipe everything on the cart, allowing you to continue.

RomFuckening?
Bending, dropping (in water), hitting with a axe, throwing into radioactive waste… there's tons of ways that his GS's ROM would be trashed…

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-25 16:39:18

…how did you trash ROM data? Look up the recovery button combo and if ROM isn't fucked (physically impossible to overwrite) it'll wipe everything on the cart, allowing you to continue.

RomFuckening?
Bending, dropping (in water), hitting with a axe, throwing into radioactive waste… there's tons of ways that his GS's ROM would be trashed…
By trashed", I meant something like a complete overwrite, or fucking up the MMC, or… etc.
Y'know, pretty much impossible to do with a GS code.

Date: 2017-01-25 17:44:05

It couldn't open any codes or function as a normal Gameshark
And this could be entirely unrelated  to my  corrupt save, I'm drawing this connection  solely because they happened at very close times.