Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Is there a way to make a pokebank transferable mew using pokemon Yellow? - Page 1

Is there a way to make a pokebank transferable mew using pokemon Yellow?

Posted by: ScorelessPine
Date: 2017-01-26 00:33:08
I am looking if anyone knows of a way to do what they did here in pokemon Yellow instead of pokemon red/blue? I have heard that there is a similar arbitrary code execution glitch item in yellow besides 8F, but I do not know how to do it by myself. If at all possible, I would also like to know how to edit the pokemon's DV's to make it 10/15/10/10 so that when it transfers it will become shiny. Thank you if you are able to help me.

Re: Is there a way to make a pokebank transferable mew using pokemon Yellow?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-26 02:19:52

I am looking if anyone knows of a way to do what they did here in pokemon Yellow instead of pokemon red/blue? I have heard that there is a similar arbitrary code execution glitch item in yellow besides 8F, but I do not know how to do it by myself. If at all possible, I would also like to know how to edit the pokemon's DV's to make it 10/15/10/10 so that when it transfers it will become shiny. Thank you if you are able to help me.

Hi, the glitch item is known as "ws m" (hex:63). This runs on stored Pokémon first instead of party Pokémon, so you need specific Pokémon in the storage system for it to work.

The fastest way to set it up is probably via unstable stable Missingno. from a save file erased with Up+Select+B (if the sixth item was a Potion, you use two of them after getting 129 and then catch unstable stable Missingno. which should have 100% catch rate due to the corruption). It's wise to pick up as many items as possible to fill the items pack.

Then you can use dry underflow to get the expanded items pack. From here consult luckytyphlosion's guide for what the items beyond slot 20 pertain to.

Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkema91-vo

Or if you want to do it later you can encounter a Fossil/Ghost MissingNo. with Trainer-Fly, either via the Ditto trick with a Special stat between 182-184 or a double Trainer-Fly; you talk to a Cubone trade girl to encounter a level 80 Starmie and use it's Special for a low chance of stable MissingNo. (I think the latter option is better personally).

Then you can warp to Celadon and use Celadon looping map trick to dig up items like "ws m" and the other items you need from your x-coordinate (and if x-block or the quantity is 0 you can toss from 0 to get any quantity as it is essentially a x256), teleporting back to Celadon for every item you obtain.

Then you can use Rival LOL glitch to get the stored Pokémon you need (you will still need to dig up Rare Candies from Celadon to adjust Tangela's HP to 233), or just trade them over from another Red/Blue/Yellow.

I will try to port over the Red/Blue codes for event Mew and Shiny Mew in the Reddit, one moment.

Edit: The only adjustment you need for the Mew OT and ID change code is to have X Accuracy x118 instead of X Accuracy x119.

Here is a code dump from D31D as it's useful for fast editing with a memory viewer:

630101593A3A25252E76223E0C32042B0B2B243E4F3C0D323E8503323C22C901

For the Shiny Mew code you'd need to deposit Mew as the first stored Pokémon, and use X Accuracy x177/ x176 where you must use ws m twice, tossing from the X Accuracy before the second time. The only problem is that ws m runs from stored Pokémon and you need a specific set up, not Mew there. So will rewrite this to work for party Pokémon.

Edit 2: OK, you can replace X Accuracy x 178/177 with X Accuracy x 134/133 as well as Carbos x 218 with Carbos x 209. This should modify party Pokémon 1's DVs instead of stored Pokémon 1's DVs, and you need to use it once with the X Accuracy x 134 and again with X Accuracy x 133 instead.

Below is another code dump from D31D.

630101593EAA2E8626D104773CC9

I haven't tested this myself yet but there should be a significantly easier way. If you name yourself "GF", save the Slowpoke Trainer for later, set up dry underflow glitch, change item 30 quantity to 89 and item 31 to Burn Heal when you catch Mew it should have the same details as the event Mew (ID 22796) and be valid. Not sure if giving it a nickname will make it invalid but it's best not to to be safe. This works because 22796 in hexadecimal is 590C. hex:59 as an item quantity is x89 and hex:0C as an item is Burn Heal.

Posted by: Wesnothmint
Date: 2017-01-29 21:46:26
Hi there. I wanna do the same OT/ID change as ScorelessPine, but I don't want it shiny.
Just to make sure, is the set up from step 2 onwards identical to the one in here (the same one linked by the OP) but instead having 118x X accuracy, and ws m used in the same bag spot and at the same times the 8F would be used in blue/red?
Thanks!

Posted by: Crystal_
Date: 2017-01-30 12:13:38
There is this reddit post explaining how to do all of this in Pokemon Yellow using ws m. Have not read/tested it but people in the comments below claim it works.

Posted by: Resaille
Date: 2017-02-11 18:13:31
I tried the guide from reddit, but it isn't working for the german version. So I tried the dry underflow glitch. But there is the problem that i can't set a burn heal on item 31.

Posted by: Unused Trainer
Date: 2017-02-12 04:38:27
More or less.