Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Unused Map 0B, Pokemon Yellow. - Page 1

Unused Map 0B, Pokemon Yellow.

Posted by: TheLazyWanderer
Date: 2017-02-10 15:05:59
I visited the infamous 0B map in Pokemon Yellow, using the Gameshark code 010B5DD3, along with the walk through walls code.

I used TheZZAZZGlitch's DEBUGYellow rom, because of the anti-crasher tool that he has implemented. With that enabled, all that I did was to open the items menu, enable the code, then check the Town Map and exit the menu.
Most of the times, it looks like Pallet Town, same color palette, same music, but with the NPCs having glitchy text boxes. The footage in the video was the one lucky time that it showed its "true face", looking like Glitch City, but with Pallet Town's music.
So, with this, I'm pretty confident now that map 0B is just a beta version of Pallet Town.

Here's the video of me visiting the town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDcVj1YoRQ

I'd really love to hear your thoughts on this too. Thank you.
TheLazyWanderer. :)

Re: Unused Map 0B, Pokemon Yellow.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-02-11 03:54:52
I think it's been confirmed thay it's the unused town, but horribly corrupted, it Also has "proper" music, but again, it's horribly f*cked. It used Pallet Town's data because that was the latest map you were on, and because you probably didn't refresh the map.

Re: Unused Map 0B, Pokemon Yellow.

Posted by: TheLazyWanderer
Date: 2017-02-11 15:39:41
I found that out after making this post.
I redid the glitch in Viridian City.

When tried inside a building (Pokemon Center etc.) it returns an unknown opcode and crashes.
When tried in a route, the game only becomes extremely slow and the music has some sort of white noise from time to time.