Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Garbage data print-out as Pokémon - Page 1

Garbage data print-out as Pokémon

Posted by: MarcinTVP8
Date: 2017-02-17 12:19:49
I will do this thing every 1-3 days and print out garbage data read as Pokemon 8 times.

In the attachemnts will be first 8 print-outs.

The thing that caught my eye was Super Glitch.

When printing the Pokémon, they do not do anything dangerous to your save file.

Also, I managed to print out some Pokemon that the game freezes at the summary screen.

Enjoy the print-outs!

(Possible by TheZZAZZGlitch's printing emulator Python script).

Re: Garbage data print-out as Pokémon

Date: 2017-02-18 08:29:20
Alright, so one day has passed, and I already have 9 more printouts of garbage data read as Pokémon!

Sadly, I can't post more printouts than 9, because of the limit of 10 per post.

I will post more in the near 1-3 days!

(Note: One of the printouts featured the glitch Pokémon hex:CA, which featured a blackout glitch screen when viewing its front and back sprites).

Date: 2017-02-19 17:24:19
Here are the next printouts.

I'm sorry, but I almost completely forgot this. It's late in my timezone already, and I don't want for a mere day pass without printouts.

So, here are the next 7 printouts.

The next printouts won't be so special, they will be mainly revealing moves after the Cooltrainer move (hex:00).

Coming Up: Crystal Save file with glitched Pokémon data obtained from memory corruption! Will be published in 1-4 days!

Posted by: kaikun97
Date: 2017-02-20 03:36:26
So these are prints of pokemon past hex BE?
Its interesting how a lot of them still have their data taken from valid pokemon when printed from the Pokedex.

Date: 2017-02-20 04:30:40
(Answer to kaikun97's question: sometimes yes, sometimes no. The Pokémon species are taken from random adresses, so why they are called "garbage data".
Encountering an glitch Pokémon from and expanded party pack varies by species, the "garbage data" is at the lowest level, while 3TrainerPoké and Missingno. is at the highest.)

Alright. so only one day has passed, and the 8 printouts of Pokémon from expanded party pack are waiting for you!

Note: I seem to be running out of Pokémon to print out. The next printout count may vary between 6 and 9.

Check out my Saves package with corrupted Pokémon data! It's been released! http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7863.0

(Random Note: This is a Super Glitch move! Viewing its name may actually corrupt the game!)

Posted by: Validusername16
Date: 2017-02-25 08:47:30
Nice. When I tried printing a 3TrainerPoké in yellow with VBA-M, it would just crash VBA-M. I wonder why it prints on the Python script, but not VBA-M?

Date: 2017-02-25 11:29:00
I am sorry, but I must stop the printing out the summaries of garbage data Pokémon.

Why? I have homework and other stuff to do.

If I can continute this, I'l let you know.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-02-25 11:47:14
Post your setup. Then we can do it FOR YOU.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2017-02-25 12:19:28
would be fun to print these out on a real gameboy printer.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-02-25 14:33:14
It was interesting, to say the least. I'd be interested in seeing more, just for the sake of it being cool.

Date: 2017-02-25 19:11:22
You need to modify the number of Pokemon in your party.

Code in Yellow:

1: any item
2: ws m
3: Lemonade x99 (or higher)
4: X Accuracy x98
5: Carbos x209
6: Poké Ball x119
7: Fresh Water x201

OPTIONAL: Putting an hex:FF glitch Pokémon in 7th spot of party (reqiured if you triggered a SuperGlitch move corruption)

1: any item
2: ws m
3: Lemonade x255
4: X Accuracy x105
5: Carbos x209
6: Poké Ball x119
7: Fresh Water x201

You must use bgb and have downloaded TheZZAZZGlitch's Python printing emulator (in the attachments).

A previously prepared save file if you do not want to do it yourself is in the attachment below.

(Thanks to Wack0 for the code)

Posted by: Validusername16
Date: 2017-02-26 15:34:16
Couldn't you just catch the Glitchmons and transfer them?
Oh, I guess it will fire up printer mode. Nice idea.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2017-03-01 03:51:40
I also wanna see what happens with this on a real-life GB Printer.