Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Can't add items to glitched bag in Blue VC - Page 1

Can't add items to glitched bag in Blue VC

Posted by: glitchycharizardlord
Date: 2017-03-21 13:54:02
So I was trying to get the expanded bag in Blue VC and mistakenly activated the item stack duplication glitch and messed up my bag. I tried tossing every item but now my bag is glitched and i cant add anything to my bag. Buying two items doesnt fix it and they dont appear at all in list. I tried receiving the old rod and it didnt show up either. I have

Mashing down gets me to random items and glitch entries but I don't see the items I bought. I could move those items to my bag by mashing select and up once I get to regular bag. I wanna setup arbitrary code execution so I could get legit mews to transfer to SM. How do I reset the bag to normal?

Re: Can't add items to glitched bag in Blue VC

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-03-21 14:02:38
Don't worry. How far down can you go before being stopped ? Try purchasing more items, it should eventually fix everything.

Posted by: glitchycharizardlord
Date: 2017-03-21 14:12:04
Well i kept mashing down and I was able to get to the "bottom" of the bag and there were the items I picked up. Mashing down again looped me to the top of the bag with the antidote, etc. Do I need to buy multiple different items or a lot of one item?

Edit: Well you were right, buying items eventually fixed the bag. I was messing around with the items and was able to teach cut before I went on the ss anne. I basically want to get to celadon city asap. Will progressing without going on the ss anne mess up my save?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-03-21 14:44:30
Multiple different is always better.

You can skip SS Anne legit by trading a Pokémon that knows Cut, or blacking out of the ship. For example.
So it's 100% fine, and you're able to go back later without the glitch ^^

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-04-04 12:37:04

I was messing around with the items and was able to teach cut before I went on the ss anne. I basically want to get to celadon city asap. Will progressing without going on the ss anne mess up my save?

Progressing without going on S.S. Anne isn't dangerous, you can progress as far as you want and then return to see the truck (and no, there's no Mew under there unless you're infected with a virus).