Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Get and transfer shiny Mew in Pokémon Green - Page 1

Get and transfer shiny Mew in Pokémon Green

Posted by: cornflakegirl
Date: 2017-04-01 13:31:41
Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find anything during a quick search.

I have VC Pokémon Green on my Japanese 3DS and I would love to get shiny Mew there and transfer it over to Pokémon Sun & Moon. For that I have a few questions:

1. Is there an easy/less dangerous way to get 5? I've found this guide that only seems to work with an emulator but pictures are all gone by now. Since it's already five years old, maybe another way has been found in the meantime?

Supposing there's a solution to the first question:
2. What's the item setup to get the shiny IVs on a Mew once caught? Is it the same as for western Red/Blue or is it different?
3. What's the item setup to change the OT to and ID to 22796?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Get and transfer shiny Mew in Pokémon Green

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-04-01 15:34:52

Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find anything during a quick search.

I have VC Pokémon Green on my Japanese 3DS and I would love to get shiny Mew there and transfer it over to Pokémon Sun & Moon. For that I have a few questions:

1. Is there an easy/less dangerous way to get 5? I've found this guide that only seems to work with an emulator but pictures are all gone by now. Since it's already five years old, maybe another way has been found in the meantime?

Supposing there's a solution to the first question:
2. What's the item setup to get the shiny IVs on a Mew once caught? Is it the same as for western Red/Blue or is it different?
3. What's the item setup to change the OT to and ID to 22796?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, welcome to the forums cornflakegirl. :) I don't think anyone has raised this question before, no.

Instead of using 5 now the best option is probably using てへ (hex:7B) with the player name て, which will make the code jump to the third item.

I don't know which release of Green the VC version is, but you may have to use てへ in a spot with a 0x50 sub-tile visible on the screen before you use the item, in order to prevent a freeze.

Getting てへ is possible with the following steps:

1) First use dry underflow glitch or a Select glitch to explode the inventory. If you are using dry underflow glitch follow the steps in this video. You can encounter a Fossil or Ghost MissingNo. (normal MissingNo. seemingly always freezes) to duplicate the item or perform the swapping Transform moves glitch to get move 0x00, then open a Pokémon summary in battle in Diglett's Cave (important) and scroll the menu with "-" on the screen to mutate the enemy Pokémon to MissingNo. that way without a freeze, which will duplicate your sixth item like in the international versions upon capture.

2) Go to (or warp to Route 18 by changing item 34 to an Escape Rope; なぬの) Cycling Road and find item 32 at this y-position (y=123 where y increases as you move down).

[img]http://i.imgur.com/hHuQY3k.png[/img]

I don't have a code for a Japanese Shiny GF Mew sadly, but hopefully will be able to work on this tomorrow.

When you use てへ, you should first watch the old man's demonstration and use it in the location below to be safe as a 0x50 sub-tile is on the top-left corner of the screen.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/T2pxfmQ.png[/img]

Hope this helps so far!

Due to a data structure difference you can't use the Celadon looping map trick to get items, but you can use the y-position from Cycling Road instead, and possibly swap the y-position to be above the y-boundary if you need a high ID item (the same exploit as Celadon looping map trick but with the y position).

Unfortunately the quantity of the item would be the x coordinate, meaning you can't get x0 items this way (which serve as x256 and allow you to access allow quantities from non-key items).

Despite that fortunately you can duplicate your items with the same exploits for dry underflow as above, or possibly this glitch instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcTB_IaNtqU

Edit: I found this video on NicoNico which uses the FriendBadge to get a Game Freak Mew instead, will look into this as well.
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30557065

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-04-01 18:16:27

I don't know which release of Green the VC version is

Based on the patch files provided by Wack0 and previous discussion about the subject here, the VC release seems to be of Green v1.1.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-04-01 19:55:59

I don't know which release of Green the VC version is

Based on the patch files provided by Wack0 and previous discussion about the subject here, the VC release seems to be of Green v1.1.

Ah thanks for that :), so if so てへ would have an unterminated name and freeze the game if selected in a place where there is no 0x50 sub-tile in that version (assuming it works the same as a cartridge v1.1 in the VC release however).

Posted by: cornflakegirl
Date: 2017-04-02 03:57:49
Wow thank you very much Torchickens for your very detailed reply! I'll start a new game naming myself て and play normally until the point where I can catch a Ditto.
That video on NicoNico looks promising, I only know a handful of kanji though so thanks for your help :)