Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Yellow MissingNo.'s faces - Page 1

Yellow MissingNo.'s faces

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-05-08 10:08:25
Yellow MissingNo. has two faces (see attachments). I wonder if there are any other glitch Pokémon which by chance, have faces like this.

Re: Yellow MissingNo.'s faces

Posted by: Zheria
Date: 2017-07-27 07:19:28
Something else cool about yellow missingno is that it changes into either rattata or raticate upon entering into to battle with either rattata or raticate. Just something cool to add to that pokemon theory about Gary's Raticate.  I will upload pics later today.

Re: Yellow MissingNo.'s faces

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-08-04 12:42:21

Something else cool about yellow missingno is that it changes into either rattata or raticate upon entering into to battle with either rattata or raticate. Just something cool to add to that pokemon theory about Gary's Raticate.  I will upload pics later today.

Hmm. Was this with a normal MissingNo. or fossil/ghost MissingNo.?

Red/Blue/Yellow MissingNo. Aerodactyl Fossil, Pokémon Tower Ghost forms can do that because they can copy the sprite pointer (but not the bank), and Rattata/Raticate's sprite bank is 0x0D; the same as Aerodactyl Fossil and Pokémon Tower Ghost MissingNo.

In fact bank 0x0D is used for any Pokémon with an ID between 0x99-0xFF; hence the same trick with Aerodactyl Fossil and Pokémon Tower Ghost MissingNo. can be done with those indices.

For Kabutops Fossil MissingNo. it uses a sprite from bank 0x0B, and since Pokémon with IDs 0x4A-0x73 are also from bank 0x0B they can be used with Kabutops Fossil MissingNo. for the backsprite copying trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whEt-4yVwM