Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Change your trainer ID and name - Page 1

Change your trainer ID and name

Posted by: likebeingawesome
Date: 2017-06-26 06:18:59
I was wondering if there is an 8F to change your trainer ID as opposed to one of your Pokemon's trainer ID.

Additionally is there a way to change your name to have glitch letters that would correspond to Pokemon and levels of Pokemon that are normally unobtainable with the old man glitch. Such as a Level 84 Mew.

Thank you  ;)

Re: Change your trainer ID and name

Posted by: Marv231
Date: 2017-08-27 18:43:54
You can use this to change your ID

Change Trainer ID
8F
any item
Lemonade x (xx)
Repel x (yy)
Carbos x 211
X Accuracy x89
Water Stone x115
TM01 x(any)

Use a Hexadecimal Converter and enter the ID, you want as decimal.
Write down the 4 digits in hexadecimal.
Take the first two digits, convert them into decimal for the number of Lemonades.
Same with the last two digits for the number of repels.

Use 8F once and you have your ID

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-08-28 12:14:35
Or you can just change item 32 quantity and item 33. Easier than setting up 8F.

Posted by: yecho
Date: 2017-09-03 09:14:15
I want to do the same on my pokemon yellow EU version. Do you have a code to do this ?

And then, can anyone give me the good process to receive a gifted mew level 2 or 5 fastly instead of doing the ditto glitch but with the "ws m" glitch ?

Thank you for advance.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-09-03 11:42:11

I want to do the same on my pokemon yellow EU version. Do you have a code to do this ?

And then, can anyone give me the good process to receive a gifted mew level 2 or 5 fastly instead of doing the ditto glitch but with the "ws m" glitch ?

Thank you for advance.

For the ID code, if your EU version is English Yellow change the x89 to x88. If it's a French, German, Spanish or Italian Yellow it should work if you change the x89 to x93.

For the gift Pokémon code. If EU English Yellow (Level 2 Pokémon):

* Any item
* ws m
Repel                x21 (Mew's ID, can be a different quantity)
X Speed              x14
Ultra Ball          x64
TM05                x89
Lemonade            x201

If EU French, German, Spanish or Italian Yellow (Level 2 Pokémon), try these:

French:

* Any item
* ws l'm
X Speed              x14
Ultra Ball          x64
TM05                x92
Lemonade          x201

German:

* Any item
* ws 'lm
X Speed              x14
Ultra Ball          x64
TM05                x94
Lemonade          x201

Spanish:

* Any item
* ws & m
X Speed              x14
Ultra Ball          x64
TM05                x94
Lemonade          x201

Italian:

* Any item
* ws & m
X Speed              x14
Ultra Ball          x64
TM05                x87
Lemonade          x201

You will need the relevant bootstrap code for your language, such as this one if your language isn't the English release. Hope this helps. :)

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-09-03 13:07:50
For the record, Yecho's game is French. We assisted him on PRAMA's Discord during the process of getting its GF Mew by changing its Trainer ID and then catching a Mew using the single-address value changing ACE code :)

Posted by: Nostalgia
Date: 2017-09-06 05:12:11

Or you can just change item 32 quantity and item 33. Easier than setting up 8F.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm interested in this too, but I'm just not familiar with any ACE stuff on Pokemon Red, only with Pokemon Yellow using ws m. I'm thinking of doing a playthrough of Red again, so learning about this and other stuff with 8F would be helpful.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-09-06 06:03:31
First of all, I think it's actually item 30 quantity and item 31. To explain this, you should know that when an expanded item pack is available, every item beyond the 20th in your item pack controls a specific game value.

By changing the quantity of item 30 and the nature of item 31, you can manipulate your Trainer ID. Say that you want your trainer ID to be 22796 (hexadecimal:590C). That means you want the quantity of item 30 must be hex:59 (dec:89) and item 31 must be hex:0C (Burn Heal). By just switching a Burn Heal with item 31, and tossing/adding some of whatever item 30 is, you can easily have this Trainer ID.

To trigger an expanded item pack, the easiest solution during a game is to perform the 'dry variant' of the item underflow glitch, that can be performed with a x255 item, available either through MissingNo. or through RAM Glitch City tree-cutting. Obviously, if you start a new game, using Save Abuse (that gives you 255 Pokémon) will allow you to switch Pokémon 1-9 with Pokémon 10 and this also triggers the expanded item pack.