Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Shinys in RB - Page 1

Shinys in RB

Posted by: Codabra
Date: 2017-06-29 19:00:33
I was wondering what the simplest way to manipulate the game to get pokemon that when transferred through pokebank are shiny?

Re: Shinys in RB

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-06-29 19:12:19
Try Ditto DV manipulation, as it seems to be the most likely to work.

Posted by: Codabra
Date: 2017-06-29 20:30:54
That's only for getting shiny ditto

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-06-29 22:26:00
One word: MODIFY. Try odd uses, trading in odd patterns (G2>G1>G1>G2>G2 instead of G2>G1>G2, etc.), maybe glitch Transform onto another 'mon…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-06-30 00:08:57

Try Ditto DV manipulation, as it seems to be the most likely to work.

Sadly whenever a Pokémon uses Transform in Generations I and II it is interpreted by the game as Ditto no matter what, so that can't be used to obtain Pokémon other than Shiny Ditto, like Codabra said.

There are multiple ways to get Shiny Pokémon however.

One method for Pokémon that can evolve is via the Pokémon merge glitch, which requires Q or 'M (FF) (see the linked wiki articles for methods of obtaining those glitch Pokémon).

Pokémon merge glitch method:

From an empty box deposit any Pokémon followed by Q/'M (FF) followed by the Pokémon you want Shiny followed by the Red Gyarados from Generation II.

Withdraw the first Pokémon and the Red Gyarados (the last Pokémon) in the box should hybridize with the Pokémon you want Shiny. It won't be stable when interpreted by the Generation II game unless you evolve it.

Another method is with arbitrary code execution. As Shininess in Generations I and II is based on DVs, the following codes for 8F or ws m from wherever your bootstrap code goes to (such as item 3 for the recommended ones) will set a Pokémon's DV bytes to FA (Attack DV of 15, Defense DV of 10) and AA (Speed and Special DVs of 10), hence making it Shiny when transferred to Generation II (and with the maximum possible DVs).

8F code, modifying box Pokémon 1's DVs:

Carbos x218
X Accuracy x177
Lemonade x250
Poké Ball x34
Lemonade x170
Water Stone x201

[tt]
ld h,DA
ld l,B1
ld a,FA
inc b