Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

[tut]how to get (almost) infinite, free safari zone session - Page 1

[tut]how to get (almost) infinite, free safari zone session

Posted by: natanelho
Date: 2017-07-27 07:22:15
this is a sub-glitch, not very easy and only tried it on VC pokemon blue english ver, but I see no reason it wont work elsewhere.
it might be not an original finding, while I did find it by myself, I googled it and no results so I assume it is something new…
step 1- get a glitch item that lets you walk through walls- I used item number 148 (94 hex). might add a tut for this later (basically either with item underflow or ACE, I recommend the letter tho its a little slower to set up)EDIT- was bored enough, added it in the end of this message
step 2- enter the safari zone building
step 3- stand in the left lane in the entrance and face right:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hTcOI86.png[/img]
step 4- use the glitch item, close the pokemon menu and walk one step to the left. now you are invisible so you should count your steps to know where you stand
step 5- walk a few steps up so you will be one or more tiles north to the line of sight of the safari worker. if you started in the place where I showed in the picture you should walk exactly 3 tiles upward.
step 6- open pokemon menu again to stop walking through walls as you cant enter the saffari without it.
step 7- enter the saffari- you have 0 steps and 0 (safari) balls- do as you please! sad thing is you still need to play with the rocks and safari balls….

if you want to leave the safari zone just walk out of the safari and decline when they offer you to pay 500$ for what you just did for free lol

dont know if it is useful for anybody, hope it is…
also I am not a native englisher, dont try to shame me for using this damn lang wrong

EDIT- how to get that item (hex 94):
1. get 8f- search on youtube how to get it. very useful, very easy, does all sorts of things
2. get this item list in your bag exactly as I write it (can add as much crap [font=verdana]in the end of list as you want, but try not to):[/font]

items from 1st to last:
**crap    x1
8f      x1
Lemonade  x148
TM34      x30
TM11      x4
TM01      x[any ammount]

**when I say crap I mean any replaceable item, preferably pokeball as its cheap

also when I say you get 0 safari balls, this means 256, as the game will underflow once you use one. and this applies to any items with amount of 0…

Re: [tut]how to get (almost) infinite, free safari zone session

Posted by: Caveat
Date: 2017-07-27 15:03:46
Ooh, this makes me wonder if there's a way to get in the Safari Zone and fight the Pokemon normally.
I know you can just go to Cinnabar, but THAT'S BORING!

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-07-27 15:22:24
There is, if you override the map's script and re-set the battle types to "wild". I think. I'm not sure how it's set but I think that's how.

Posted by: TheSixthItem
Date: 2017-07-30 07:24:33
You can also do safari zone walk through walls and after you're past the guard, talk to him while standing on the desk

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-08-04 13:10:54
Unfortunately this is not original (see video). Still nice post though. :)

There is, if you override the map's script and re-set the battle types to "wild". I think. I'm not sure how it's set but I think that's how.

Changing the map script at D36E-D36F (available in expanded items pack) doesn't seem to disable the battle mode/step counter sadly. It does allow you to bypass the gatehouse without being stopped though, which is another way to perform this trick.