Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Nidoking (Gengar) EXP underflow help - Page 1

Nidoking (Gengar) EXP underflow help

Posted by: Olliecyclops
Date: 2017-08-23 13:24:14
(If there is a better place to post this just tell me. I don't want to spam  :P )

So right now I am trying to get either a Nidoking or Gengar using the Lv 100 before brock glitch but I am having some problems. At first I tried Nidoking and it worked up until I got to the point of actually encountering Nidoking. What happened is the trainer battle initiated once I when back in to Viridian Forest, I beat him but then battled him again. After that I got out of the battle screen and started walking through the forest but walking was slow and other trainers in the forest didn't see me until I spoke with them (I know this is a thing, I just forget the name). So I tried this several more times and then gave up on using Pidgeys Spc stat plus growl to get the level one Nidoking and then went for using Blue's Squirtle's spc stat to get Gengar insted and that worked. Once I got into the battle with the Gengar the text box kept saying "You missed the Pokemon!"

So my two questions are:

Why isn't getting the Nidoking working? and Why do I keep missing the pokemon?

Thanks!

Re: Nidoking (Gengar) EXP underflow help

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-08-23 15:44:28
If I remember rightly the glitch you describe (called the walking lag glitch but it's more accurately a glitch script initiation glitch) will happen for the death warp variation of the Trainer-escape glitch if you don't flash the start menu before returning to Virdian Forest (even if you encounter another Pokémon in between), so make sure to always try that.

Missing the Pokémon is normal and can happen at times (in normal gameplay it could happen against the legendary birds for instance), so you just need to lower the Pokémon's HP and keep trying until it doesn't miss and you successfully catch it.

Hope that helps!

Posted by: Olliecyclops
Date: 2017-08-23 16:48:36
Ahhhh ok that's the name it! Thanks!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-08-24 11:12:11

Ahhhh ok that's the name it! Thanks!

You're welcome :)