Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Getting a Level 223 Mew with the Pikachu Glitch/Off-screen Glitch - Page 1

Getting a Level 223 Mew with the Pikachu Glitch/Off-screen Glitch

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2017-08-25 11:15:27
Hi, everybody. I want to write a topic about this method to obtain Mew in Pokémon Yellow because I haven't read or seen anything at Internet. I hope that my bad english doesnt cause any problem.

Time ago I was searching with the Pikachu Glitch/Off-Screen Glitch to get Pokémon with levels and stats over level 100. Now, I have discovered a lot of Pokémon with high levels like Arcanine, Gyarados, Exeggutor or Gengar. Recently, I found a specific trainer that give me a level 233 Mew. This could be other method to obtain this Pokémon in a game. But this glitch has high failure probabilities, I want to create a method to obtain battles with wild Mew without any problems. Here are some videos about this event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXJGAwZkwE

Another weird thing about this event was that after catched Mew, if you use Fly, you can't find any wild Pokémon, and if you fight against a trainer, the game get frozen. This was the reason because I lost the battle and I thought that I found a method to continue the game without crashes. But sometimes this problem doesnt happen, I used Fly and I can battle with trainers and wild Pokémon. Any explanation for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uyW3LsZAs

(In this video I'm just doing the glitch to obtain Mew in Pokémon Amarillo, the spanish version)

This Mew has his stats between 450-550 and his PS has between 650-730. His moveset always is the same, Transformation (this is why we can catch a level 223 Ditto), Mega-Punch, Metronome and Psychic. If this Pokémon goes to 100 would have a 200-300 stats. At the beginning I knew that the Pokémon after 100 level only they were used to go down to 100 level or connect Cable Link for make tradings or make battles with a friends. For my surprise, after catched Mew and used Fly, when I am going to connect the cable link, this does not works. This is really weird and I don't know why this happens. But I think that I have discovered a way to make it works:

When I repeat the Pikachu Glitch and I fight against one Pokémon or trainer, the cable link is detected (you can win or lose againts the wild Pokémon/trainer). After that I am going to talk with the girl and, where is when I am confused:

1) The games freezes. After this I save the game and reset. Now, the game can detect the cable link but sometimes, the other game can freeze (I don't show this in my video). If this happens, I reset the game, and usually, the game can detect the cable link without problems.

2) The game freezes, but can connect the games with a little patience. Sometimes, the other game freezes and the game whit Mew works! (This neither appear in the video) When the trade begin, this is what happens: 

[img]https://i.gyazo.com/23fe703c777d58b88e48b57988a2f11c.png[/img]

Obviusly, I cant trade any Pokémon because the game freezes.I have to reset the game. Well, when I choose Colosseum to fight, the game react like Zzazz appears. This match, practically, is like the fight againts Zzazz.

Well, right now, If I want to trade Mew to other game succesfully I have to repeat the glitch and fight againts a trainer or a wild Pokémon having done the glitch. For the moment, I can't check what does this Pokémon in GSC or, If this is possible, can trade to 6th or 7th gen. What do you think? This could be possible? Or could be easier with other method? Thank you for read.

Re: Getting a Level 223 Mew with the Pikachu Glitch/Off-screen Glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-08-26 16:24:47
Wow, fascinating glitch LanceAndMissingNo. :) I didn't think getting Mew with off-screen glitch was viable, great to hear you can after all.

Normally the reason why you encounter Pokémon over trainers with Pikachu off-screen glitch's Trainer mutation glitch is that the addresses where the Trainer class/roster on the route are supposed to be are corrupted, and usually the only values possible are those based on the direction Pikachu took when walking (south/north/west/east 01-04), so Rhydon, Kangaskhan, Nidoran and Clefairy are all possible.

It seems though as you have demonstrated before you can get more than just 01-04. Perhaps it is something about the Glitch City you used that allowed for 0x15; the value for Mew. Maybe a specific glitch tileblock Pikachu walks through (food for thought).

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-08-30 06:59:53
I replicated it with the o (hex:94) glitch item. The reason Mew appears is because the game shifts back a hex:15 that was originally a roster value for one of the trainers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szTH5bbPG8A

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2017-09-07 15:26:28

I replicated it with the o (hex:94) glitch item. The reason Mew appears is because the game shifts back a hex:15 that was originally a roster value for one of the trainers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szTH5bbPG8A
  :o 255 level! Interesting, I wonder if this glitch could works in indoor places, like caves or Rocket's hideout.

Btw, I just uploaded a compilation with all Pokémon you can catch with this glitch. There are a number of 22 Pokémon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b530hMre3hs&lc=z23ev1twomy4v12szacdp433iap11persx01ktjxp01w03c010c

If one Pokémon over 100 level is traded to G/S/C or Pokémon Stadium, this automatically dims to level 100? I think I read that somewhere.