Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

The very first glitchmon to encounter? Is it possible to "glitchLocke" - Page 1

The very first glitchmon to encounter? Is it possible to "glitchLocke"

Posted by: ExodusCDrake
Date: 2017-09-20 01:33:00
What is the first glitch Pokemon that can be encountered in the first gen games, Other than level 100 nidoking?

Re: The very first glitchmon to encounter? Is it possible to "glitchLocke"

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-09-20 03:41:59

What is the first glitch Pokemon that can be encountered in the first gen games, Other than level 100 nidoking?

If you use the save corruption glitch you get access to Q (FF)/'M (FF) and other glitch Pokémon from the expanded party. So possibly you might be able to deposit glitch Pokémon that appear there and do a glitchLocke with them.

Otherwise the first Pokémon you can encounter is possibly MissingNo., such as from Misty's Starmie or a trainer in Saffron City's Fighting Dojo (available early with Brock Through Walls) but be warned that in Yellow this MissingNo. (one of the regular MissingNo.) will freeze the game unless it's the first time you encountered a glitch Pokémon and you wiped your save file with Up+Select+B.

Other glitch Pokémon are possible with Special stats 191-199, and it's possible an underflowed Level 100 Pokémon could have the Special stat you need.

This image is also useful for showing the Pokémon you can obtain with trainers in Red/Blue:

https://puu.sh/257S

Hope this helps. :)

Posted by: ExodusCDrake
Date: 2017-09-20 10:30:14
Well thank you  ;D

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-09-20 15:31:16

If you use the save corruption glitch you get access to Q (FF)/'M (FF) and other glitch Pokémon from the expanded party. So possibly you might be able to deposit glitch Pokémon that appear there and do a glitchLocke with them.

Otherwise the first Pokémon you can encounter is possibly MissingNo., such as from Misty's Starmie or a trainer in Saffron City's Fighting Dojo (available early with Brock Through Walls) but be warned that in Yellow this MissingNo. (one of the regular MissingNo.) will freeze the game unless it's the first time you encountered a glitch Pokémon and you wiped your save file with Up+Select+B.

Other glitch Pokémon are possible with Special stats 191-199, and it's possible an underflowed Level 100 Pokémon could have the Special stat you need.

This image is also useful for showing the Pokémon you can obtain with trainers in Red/Blue:

Wait. I forgot how the Brock Nidoking thing worked. It's a variant of the Mew Glitch, right? If so, is there a way to find the right Pokemon to trigger a low-index Missingno. or something? (I doubt any of them will have stats high enough to get into the 100s range before Brock, but still…)

Posted by: likebeingawesome
Date: 2017-09-22 06:41:13

That may not be possible if the glitch Pokémon register stuff as caught in the pokedex. There is a glitch with oaks parcel where if you register 2 Pokémon to your pokedex before you deliver it where he will never accept it and just rate your pokedex

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-09-22 09:12:05
Good point, but actually I think it's possible to do swaps after expanding the items pack that ensure you have 0-1 Pokémon owned, as somebody from PRAMA did that before. I'm not sure of the details anymore though I'm afraid.

You can also change the exit quantity to 02 (Pewter City) so the old man doesn't block you. Also if you set up dry underflow in the PC you can change the quantity of item 91 to 19 (13 to D5EF). This makes Professor Oak give you the Pokédex even if you don't have only one Pokémon or Oak's Parcel. The only side effect might be a lingering music glitch.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2017-09-23 06:53:34
Yeah, I did something like that once, but I'm not sure to remember the exact swap either. I could possibly find it again, though :)