Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Teaching pokemon moves with WS M problem - Page 1

Teaching pokemon moves with WS M problem

Posted by: TheAngryrRampardos
Date: 2018-03-06 21:05:24
So after a painful journey of getting the bootstrap code & the items i finally got WS M but with that said i need help with translating the gameshark codes to the in game numbering in pkmn yellow.

Re: Teaching pokemon moves with WS M problem

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-03-07 00:58:56
Hello,

We're here to help; but please guys, do some researching effort sometimes. You can read this to learn how to use a gameshark code or RAM Map with arbitrary code execution. The only difference is that RAM addresses in Yellow are shifted by one (encounter address is $CFDD in R/B, $CFDC in Y; as a result, the gameshark code will be 01XXDDCF in R/B and 01XXDCCF in Y)

Posted by: TheAngryrRampardos
Date: 2018-03-07 12:25:38

Hello,

We're here to help; but please guys, do some researching effort sometimes. You can read this to learn how to use a gameshark code or RAM Map with arbitrary code execution. The only difference is that RAM addresses in Yellow are shifted by one (encounter address is $CFDD in R/B, $CFDC in Y; as a result, the gameshark code will be 01XXDDCF in R/B and 01XXDCCF in Y)

I feel stupid i apologise. :(

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2018-03-07 17:55:34
No worries  :)