Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Arbitrary Code for Hidden Power DVs - Page 1

Arbitrary Code for Hidden Power DVs

Posted by: Miku
Date: 2018-03-24 12:17:08
Hi everyone,

This is my first message here. Not my first time, as I've known and occasionally read this forum since RBY were released on VC a little over two years ago.

I know how to use the w sm glitch item in Yellow. I've used it countless times to obtain max DV Pokémon, to clone items and to change Mew's OT/ID information to GF/22796, which is the event Mew that was distributed a couple years ago.

However, I've done all those code executions following instructions made by others. I don't understand what the items correspond to in terms of code etc. I assume that there are a lot of folks here that know how specific arbitrary code is created, so could some one please generate a code / item list for Yellow's w sm item that would be similar to the max DV code?

The video I used as my guide was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR5rov2e6PU&t=804s

So basically I assume the setup would be exactly the same as it is in that video, but the item list would be different. Also, it would be awesome if the code only changes the DVs and does not max out stat experience. (I really don't like soft-resetting e.g. Zapdos for a week or so just to get a Hidden Power spread, but I wouldn't mind training one legitimately.) If it isn't possible to generate a code that doesn't max out stat experience, it's fine, but I would just prefer it to just affect the DVs.

I'm looking for the following DV spreads:

7 / 14 / 13 / 15 / 15 (Hidden Power Water)
15 / 15 / 13 / 15 / 15 (Hidden Power Ice)
7 / 14 / 15 / 15 / 15 (Hidden Power Electric)
3 / 14 / 14 / 15 / 15 (Hidden Power Grass)

The Hidden Power spreads are mainly for the Kanto's legendary birds, as I would like to use them in Crystal's Battle Tower.