Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Glitch Dimension (ish) in R/B - Page 1

Glitch Dimension (ish) in R/B

Posted by: etoile
Date: 2018-04-12 08:08:16
This might have either already been documented or isn't that powerful, but I managed to trigger a glitch dimension-like effect while fooling around with a .4 who knew Super Glitch move A6 as its first move. I don't remember the exact thing I did to trigger this effect, but I do have screenshots (attached to this post); the game was remarkably still pretty playable (though I did force my trainer name to terminate when normally it would be unterminated). Has anyone else seen something like this and/or know how to trigger it?

Re: Glitch Dimension (ish) in R/B

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-04-12 10:06:51
This occurs because the SGB palette layout isn't refreshed. I'm not sure what exactly causes this, perhaps the flag tracking whether SGB mode is enabled has been overwritten.