Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

How often can you do the ditto glitch - Page 1

How often can you do the ditto glitch

Posted by: Scourge
Date: 2018-05-21 03:33:57
tried to make a all Pokemon Run, but realized that there are 14 Pokemon I can't get(excluding mew, because everyone knows that trick).
And was curious if it doesn't matter how often you change routes until you encounter a trainer. Can anyone tell me if that messes up with the glitch?   

Re: How often can you do the ditto glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-05-21 05:06:56
Trainer-Fly can be used as many times as you like, if you leave at least one long-range Trainer, then do the following:

1. Escape from the long-range Trainer.
2. Go to a Pokémon Center, change boxes and reset.
3. Go to Fuchsia City and use Strength on the boulder at warden's house, then push it. This counts as the game regards the boulder as an NPC who has finished walking, which is required for Special stat encounter to work.
4. Load the Special stat you desire, then return to the route to encounter your Pokémon. If you want to do this with a Trainer you can also black out against one of their Pokémon to save the Trainer in case you want to battle them again later.

This way no Trainer at all is used up.

If you're on a save file with no Trainers left though, dry underflow glitch used on the stored PC items can set up Special stat encounter on routes without having to use a Trainer.

Hope this helps!

Date: 2018-05-21 05:19:20
Thank you, this is a much better option do encounter with the special stat, my actually question was technical if it matter that you change routes or go into buildings while performing the glitch. But your answer was very helpful

Date: 2018-05-21 05:36:43
You're welcome. :)

Oh, I see. No, it doesn't matter if you change routes or enter buildings and you can do this as many times as you like.

You can also even go through the same route you escaped from the Trainer but only if the script to open up the Start menu and encounter a Pokémon is disabled (i.e. NPC hasn't finished walking or if you haven't battled another Trainer), but if the script is disabled you shouldn't press A on an NPC to battle a Trainer on that route or you'll cause a bad script glitch.

Date: 2018-05-21 14:09:15
Trying to execute your instructions I found something strange. why do you have to switch boxes? The original(with trainer battle) don't require this in my knowledge or is this wrong?

Date: 2018-05-21 14:17:09

Trying to execute your instructions I found something strange. why do you have to switch boxes? The original(with trainer battle) don't require this in my knowledge or is this wrong?

It's required for this method but not if you use another Trainer, yes. Either the Trainer battle or switching boxes and resetting the game is required to re-enable the Start menu, which is one of the requirements for the Special stat encounter (the other being that the last NPC or object finished walking/moving) when you return to the original route to work.

Trainer battles from Trainers that approach you both re-enable the Start menu and tell the game that the last NPC has finished walking, so you can just battle them and either win/lose for the original variation of the Trainer-Fly glitch to work.

Both the original and one Trainer/Trainerless method work the same, but the box change/boulder push method is sometimes ideal as you only need one Trainer (or none if you set up the modified script via box underflow).

Date: 2018-05-22 06:08:30
Last question: before resetting saving or not saving? 

Date: 2018-05-22 08:11:05

Last question: before resetting saving or not saving?

You need to save the game and then reset the game. However, changing boxes saves the game automatically.

Date: 2018-05-22 16:47:50
Ok thanks  ;)