Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

How to use てへ and 5? - Page 1

How to use てへ and 5?

Posted by: LightNeko
Date: 2018-05-26 04:09:48
Hello everyone,
I have a Japanese Green version on VC and I want to transfer a Mew from the first generation to S/M.
I have already managed to get both てへ and 5, and now?

I know that if I want to use てへ I need to go to the old man as (something)て and for 5 I need to setup specific pokemon on my team.
But what is the item setup I should use to change trainer ID and name of a pokemon? Is that the same as using 8F?

Another thing is that I messed up my bag to obtain those two items and I couldn't fix it. I tried to buy two or more items, but it doesn't work, and if I buy too many items and I surpass the 20 items limit the game gets glitchier and glitchier. Do someone of you know how to fix it?

Re: How to use てへ and 5?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-05-26 05:54:31
Ooh, an original request. It's rare to see people using Japanese games. Welcome!

To begin, let's talk about fixing your bag, since that may be kind of dangerous. Did you save after the game became "glitchier and glitchier"? Ideally you shouldn't have, because that might have caused some damage. If you did, we'll just have to hope that nothing's too bad.
Anyways, using either of these items, you should be able to fix your bag.

Also, no, the codes for US versions won't work on JP versions, due to differences in how the memory is laid out (among other things). I'll try to work out some codes to do all you asked.

Posted by: metalmario32
Date: 2018-05-26 12:32:38

Hello everyone,
I have a Japanese Green version on VC and I want to transfer a Mew from the first generation to S/M.
I have already managed to get both てへ and 5, and now?

I know that if I want to use てへ I need to go to the old man as (something)て and for 5 I need to setup specific pokemon on my team.
But what is the item setup I should use to change trainer ID and name of a pokemon? Is that the same as using 8F?

Another thing is that I messed up my bag to obtain those two items and I couldn't fix it. I tried to buy two or more items, but it doesn't work, and if I buy too many items and I surpass the 20 items limit the game gets glitchier and glitchier. Do someone of you know how to fix it?

Hmm, this is quite interesting. I'm also not too acquitted with the Japanese games, but what method did you use to explode the item bag? Perhaps you didn't have 255 items, so the number of items didn't overflow to zero (and above), and that's why your game is becoming glitchier, because as you buy more items, you're overwriting more spaces in memory. At least that's my theory.

Date: 2018-05-26 17:23:13
That is indeed exactly what's happening.

Date: 2018-05-26 18:21:50

That is indeed exactly what's happening.

Hrm, I was right. (I honestly didn't expect that) The question remains though, what method did the OP use to explode the bag, and why does that particular method not give 255 items?

Date: 2018-05-27 04:03:49
So, let's begin from the method I used,
Since it is the first time I am attempting something like that, I made some research on internet and found this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1E4msXNaYY

I followed the instructions and it worked for me. And for answering ISSOtm's question, no I didn't save when I saw too weird glitch as I don't want to restart the game from the beginning and lose time. However, I still may have messed up a little bit, because I found myself with all the gym's badges, although for the moment I've notice nothing that would make my game unplayable, so I just need to be careful to not get too many items until fix it.

Date: 2018-05-27 13:27:31
You have exactly all gym badges? That's neat, it probably means that the terminator is there. I *think* you could just toss a few items (around ten?) to return your pack to normal.
Otherwise, we'll have to go the ACE way :)

Date: 2018-05-28 06:23:41

You have exactly all gym badges? That's neat, it probably means that the terminator is there. I *think* you could just toss a few items (around ten?) to return your pack to normal.
Otherwise, we'll have to go the ACE way :)

Thank you very much for your support,

Yes, I got the first 4 by myself, but the others just appeared sometime after I glitched the bag (I don't know exactly when), when I tried to buy a lot of items to see what happen I also noticed that some of the badges disappeared, so it must be linked someway. Another thing that I also saw happening is that when I surpass the limit by buying new items, I lose a lot more money than the cost of the items and I find items that are not the ones I bought (even glitch items at times)
Another interesting thing I've seen, is that I can actually reach the end of the bag if I keep scrolling down and the last items I find are exactly the same I have in the bag normally.

Anyway I've already tried to toss the items, I've also emptied the bag once, but I couldn't fix it.
What is the ACE way exactly?

Date: 2018-05-28 08:02:55
Badges appeared after you started buying items? That's interesting. Perhaps you overwrote the badges address when buying the items.

Date: 2018-05-28 14:04:18
Huh, if you've emptied the bag, then it's fixed. Not getting your problem there.
You money is located just after the items, so buying items with an overflowed bag may corrupt your amount of money.
And yes, that's what happened, his badge acquisitions were corrupted by buying too many items. IIRC it's an item ID, so having all badges should mean you have a terminator.

Date: 2018-05-30 03:49:55
With "emtpied" I mean that I've tossed all the regular items I had in the bag above the "cancel" line without touching any of the glitched items. The bag looks empty at first because there is only "cancel", but it's still glitched as I can scroll down and see all the glitched items.

Date: 2018-06-03 15:11:18
Never mind, I found a way to get that mew into sun and moon finally! I'm probably going to post a guide someday :)